Liverpool thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to think for Rodgers outstanding actually means "ok". Maybe when he uses words like brilliant, amazing, or impeccable, that'll be when he really means outstanding, because 4 outstanding for this outing I don't get.

As far as the result, I just wanted 3 points, we just need points in the bag early. We don't look like world beaters but then only West Ham really looked top notch so far, but we weren't' the disaster of last season. Baby steps and all.

As far as Firmino vs. Sterling, at this point it's an even trade, suits both teams. You got the biggest English young talent in the game (although just like we're being correctly accused of hypocritically saying he isn't good, I feel many of you didn't rate Sterling like you now do when he was with us). Meanwhile, we get one of the more promising attackers in the Bundesliga who starts for Brazil. It's a wash--it's actually possible that BOTH of them will turn out to be studs, it's not that just because Sterling becomes a world beater that automatically Firmino is shit. Not how it works.

I think you're spot on to be fair. I'm not going to lie, as good as Sterling has been for Liverpool I was still sceptical as we've seen dozens of English wingers hyped as world class only to flop. From what I've seen of him in pre-season he's exactly the player we've needed for so long and his relationship on the pitch with Silva looks excellent. I hope they show that tonight.

Firmino had a good season last time out and has managed to get into the Brazil squad. We were linked with him and many would have been happy. He's a different player to Sterling, more of a Nasri type. With him and Coutinho you should have a lot of creativity and if Ibe improves you'll still have the pace out wide.

Again, with Gerrard... he was poor last season so Milner is an upgrade. Gerrard in his peak, no competition but take them for their current ability and Milner is an improvement there's no doubt.

The opening game is always tough, you don't know how the opposition will play or what their new players will offer. Arsenal were caught out, and I never saw that coming. Swansea were very very good and Chelsea can only be happy with a point from that. Stoke aren't the physical side they once were but there aren't many away games that are tougher. To go back after the 6-1 last season and take a 1-0 win is a good start. Points are all that matters. You've a tough run of away games and that's the perfect way to head into the rest of them, especially with the clean sheet.

I'd be more than happy with the same result for City tonight.

Firmino > Sterling is laughable. I'm not saying it's out of the realm of possibilities but FFS he's played what, 15 minutes in the Premier League?

Anyhow, I don't see where the goals are going to come from. If Danny can't stay healthy they're relying on Benteke to bang in the goals and Coutinho did score a fantastic goal Saturday but he only had 4 last season. I can't see a lot of goals coming from the likes of Lallana, Henderson, Milner, Firmino, Ibe, etc...

I'm starting to think for Rodgers outstanding actually means "ok". Maybe when he uses words like brilliant, amazing, or impeccable, that'll be when he really means outstanding, because 4 outstanding for this outing I don't get.

As far as the result, I just wanted 3 points, we just need points in the bag early. We don't look like world beaters but then only West Ham really looked top notch so far, but we weren't' the disaster of last season. Baby steps and all.

As far as Firmino vs. Sterling, at this point it's an even trade, suits both teams. You got the biggest English young talent in the game (although just like we're being correctly accused of hypocritically saying he isn't good, I feel many of you didn't rate Sterling like you now do when he was with us). Meanwhile, we get one of the more promising attackers in the Bundesliga who starts for Brazil. It's a wash--it's actually possible that BOTH of them will turn out to be studs, it's not that just because Sterling becomes a world beater that automatically Firmino is shit. Not how it works.

I didn't realise quite how good Raheem was / is, as I didn't watch him that much while he was with Liverpool. However, I have been really impressed with him this pre-season.

I'm sure this goes for many other Blues too.

Just wanted to say their away support at West Brom last night was fantastic, shows true commitment to boo Sterling when your teams not even playing.

Firmino is mediocre. Said it when we were linked with him and I'll say it again now. The only reason he gets in the Brazil national side is because at the moment they're marginally worse than Venezuela.

1st game of the season players are still in pre season mode,alot of teams this weekend have been sluggish from what i have watched this weekend.

Stoke are the most pyhsical team in the league by far,To play them away 1st game is going to be a struggle what with fitness and going against them where it's more about winning individual battles and matching them physically,we grafted and put a shift in and got the 3 points,might have been fair if it was a draw but it's less about performances and more about points.

I think we have upgraded from last season.

Clyne>Johnson
Milner>Gerrard
Benteke>Balotelli
Firmino>Sterling

And improved the bench with Origi Ings Gomez Bogdan who are upgrades on Lambert Jones Borini Enrique and according to financials we have spent just under £30 million net.

LOL You're fucking insane.
Leave him alone. It's the insanity that keeps football fans going when their team is shit.

Firmino is mediocre. Said it when we were linked with him and I'll say it again now. The only reason he gets in the Brazil national side is because at the moment they're marginally worse than Venezuela.
This... Watched him quite a bit he's really nothing special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.