Liverpool thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really....start of the season Bournemouth's tails are up on a barmy August evening. No easy games this time of year and these were the games we have drawn in the past. 6 point zero goal's conceded. Will settle for that!
There are easy games.

Bournemouth at home is an easy game, and without that bent bastard in charge you would have likely lost.

But by all means, keep settling for it.

Not really....start of the season Bournemouth's tails are up on a barmy August evening. No easy games this time of year and these were the games we have drawn in the past. 6 point zero goal's conceded. Will settle for that!
I agree that you ideally want to avoid promoted teams in the first few games but I don't think they gave you a particularly hard time.

They were chasing and harrying sometimes but you had a lot of comfortable possession in the last 25-30 minutes of the first half. Also their ball retention was shocking and they gave it straight back to you more often than not so you didn't have to go looking for it.

2 shots on target from 16 attempts, against a team who are playing in a League which is clearly above their level, would worry me.

You have got 6 points and 3 of those were against a team that humiliated you last season so you'll take that I'm sure. But next Monday will be a far sterner and more realistic test of your top 4 credentials.

To me, you look like a team of strivers, with a questionable central defence and a lack of flair who may struggle to score goals.

anyone else a bit worried about us City fans acting all "billy big bollocks" towards the other teams' supporters after two games?
If they were claiming they could predict the league winners after two games, yes, I'd be concerned, but I've not seen any City fans on here claiming that.
We've had two great result, and should enjoy that, but nobody's saying we'll win the league or anything (are they?).

I'm not a fan of arrogant supports (whoever they support), as ultimately, none of us actually play for City, so it's not like WE are responsible for how our teams do, but ultimately every club will have some, and we're not immune. Thankfully, there's far more level headed fans though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.