Liverpool thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beating 3 fantastic sides to that "fluke" cup win in Juventus Chelsea and AC milan while unseeded,maybe you were to young to remember that champions league that year,and from 05-09 we knocked out some big clubs especially the el classico sides home and away :) ,got to another final and 3-4 semi finals and were ranked as the number one team by uefa for 2 season's.You as a city fan with your outlay would have loved half of that the last 5 years you have been in the CL,and no doubt would love a "flukey" final win.

We might not be winning trophies now but today some clubs fans new with success seem to use liverpool as the yardstick to measure themselves with about what constitutes success,when you and chelsea match and over take our trophy haul then we'll be irrelevant and be like Villa & Everton,but until you do we will be in the news and continue being that yardstick for you to emulate.also in your view what constitutes a "so called massive club", is your club one now?
Couldnt give a toss if we're ever considered a bigger club than Liverpool.

You were tossers when you were winning things, you're tossers now you're shit. Never have or will aspire for us be anything like Liverpool.

Couldnt give a toss if we're ever considered a bigger club than Liverpool.

You were tossers when you were winning things, you're tossers now you're shit. Never have or will aspire for us be anything like Liverpool.

Clearly Moomba you weren't around in the dark days when we were routinely battered by Liverpool, if we were actually in the same Division which many times we weren't.

I enjoyed the Paisley era because Liverpool had great players (6 Titles, 3 European cups) and played fantastic football then Joe Fagan continued the work. Liverpool were light years ahead of us and importantly than the rags. I am a blue through and through but I also appreciate great football. If we aspire to build a similar dynasty I hope we follow their model of football. So Moomba stop embarrassing yourself (and us)...

Clearly Moomba you weren't around in the dark days when we were routinely battered by Liverpool, if we were actually in the same Division which many times we weren't.

I enjoyed the Paisley era because Liverpool had great players (6 Titles, 3 European cups) and played fantastic football then Joe Fagan continued the work. Liverpool were light years ahead of us and importantly than the rags. I am a blue through and through but I also appreciate great football. If we aspire to build a similar dynasty I hope we follow their model of football. So Moomba stop embarrassing yourself (and us)...
I was around and I'm well aware of their qualities on the pitch.

I won't aspire to be like any club, as I want us to do thinks our way, not anyone elses. If that embarrasses you, toughen up.

Good post,and like yourself do appreciate great football teams and players,but that's gone now and all they have is the delusion that they still count,they are heading in the opposite direction to us and I couldn't give too fcuks nowadays about them ...

Imagine aspring to kick a waiter to death
Imagine aspiring to rob your own

I'm away to kick a waiter to death.
I get the waiter reference, but not the robbing your own?

As for Liverpool as a club. I agree with the Scouse fella in that I'd love a flukey win in the CL, although I don't consider that win flukey. However, to think that the Liverpool side that won trophies in the 80s time and again , are used as a yardstick is ludicrous. The only people that go on about those teams now are Scousers and ex Liverpool players. It's a long, long distant, and dim, memory.

We might not be winning trophies now but today some clubs fans new with success seem to use liverpool as the yardstick to measure themselves with about what constitutes success,when you and chelsea match and over take our trophy haul then we'll be irrelevant and be like Villa & Everton,but until you do we will be in the news and continue being that yardstick for you to emulate.also in your view what constitutes a "so called massive club", is your club one now?

"Massive" is not the term we generally use but we are well on our way to becoming one of the biggest clubs globally. I accept Liverpool's history gives them huge status on the world stage. No arguing with their achievements. The key thing though is trajectory. Personally I'd rather have a great future to look forward to than have to dwell on the past.

I was around and I'm well aware of their qualities on the pitch.

I won't aspire to be like any club, as I want us to do thinks our way, not anyone elses. If that embarrasses you, toughen up.

Well said Moomba.

Beating 3 fantastic sides to that "fluke" cup win in Juventus Chelsea and AC milan while unseeded,maybe you were to young to remember that champions league that year,and from 05-09 we knocked out some big clubs especially the el classico sides home and away :) ,got to another final and 3-4 semi finals and were ranked as the number one team by uefa for 2 season's.You as a city fan with your outlay would have loved half of that the last 5 years you have been in the CL,and no doubt would love a "flukey" final win.

Nobody cares.

I get the waiter reference, but not the robbing your own?

As for Liverpool as a club. I agree with the Scouse fella in that I'd love a flukey win in the CL, although I don't consider that win flukey. However, to think that the Liverpool side that won trophies in the 80s time and again , are used as a yardstick is ludicrous. The only people that go on about those teams now are Scousers and ex Liverpool players. It's a long, long distant, and dim, memory.

It was alleged that in Istanbul Liverpool fans without tickets were going around and taking tickets off there own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.