Liverpool thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody's got a problem with Klopp. If people want them to fail, it's because of the fans' attitudes and hyperbole. Nobody likes arrogance, and worse still, before a ball's been kicked.

Liverpool getting rid of Rodgers was a right sickener last week on the basis of them going for Klopp. I honestly believe he will be a huge success (given time). The competitive nature of the Premier League is getting stronger and stronger, Klopp alone will be a big pull in attracting players. Every manager is a risk but I would have had Klopp in a heartbeat in the summer.
Its just going to be so nauseating seeing him stroll into Anfield with their usual hysterics and media love in. It could be a blessing in disguise if they take all the attention and we can just carry on winning games on the quiet. They will get a huge lift and will probably hit the ground running and take a few big scalps. We will obviously play them when they are at the top of their game unlike the Rags. The news of Klopp must be a major worry for Chelsea and United. I think us and Arsenal will be 1 and 2 this year but Liverpool could be a major threat for the top 4 with the feel good factor.
Saying all this though their is no hiding the fact they have a mediocre squad and it will be interesting how much extra he gets out of the players. Lets just remember though it must be be more worrying for the Rags seeing him arrive on Merseyside.

I'm just glad they didn't go for Ancelotti. We pretty much know that the Italian would steady the ship and leave a well-ordered house behind him.
Klopp should be alright but he carries nothing like the same sense of assurance. He's a gamble. No doubt, he's a well-considered, well-advised gamble but it's the nature of these things to disappoint more often than they delight.
He'll be given time and he'll need bags of it. FSG are to be applauded for showing some ambition, rather than going for the safer pair of hands. Whether the "most knowledgable fans in the world" will be as happy to back FSG's intuition and their latest Messiah's grand scheme when the setbacks come along (and they will), is another story. Unless Klopp can win a cup early into his Liverpool career (this season or next, CoC Cup would probably do) he'll be under pressure from the spoilt brats on the Kop and, by extension, the media that loves to pander to that demographic.
Put it another way, it's shit or bust time for Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.