Liverpool thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is the biggest challenge in club football tbf.

He's taking the reigns of a very average club that thinks it's a divine right to be champions, despite having never been that in the modern era.

It's a truly terrible squad, unbalanced in every way possible, from playing styles to age profiles. Mountains of expectation were dumped on Sterling and Coutinho, while Gerrard was pandered to at the expense of their first title.

They have vampiric owners, who will sell players to make a dollar rather than invest in success for their supporters, playing a game of real estate mixed with fantasy football.

If Klopp can deliver top 4 this year, you have to tip your hat to him. His problem will be that as soon as he does, every former legend will be out in force saying the title is his next season, heaping ridiculous pressure on him.

It will take a very special person to break that cycle.

And hopefully Giggs at the rags, although I have a sneaking suspicion Mourinho will end up there at some point.

I would love Mourinho to rock up at the swamp. It wouldn't take him long to start fighting behind the scenes with the ticket tout and all the hangers on who still wield influence there. He would rip them apart.

I don't understand it. It's just not like the normally down-to-earth Liverpool fans to get so hysterical or hyped up about something.

Anyway, if they're talking about 2013/14 then surely that makes us the best title-winning side of all time? After all, we won more games, got more points and scored more goals than them.

And conceded less.

it is the biggest challenge, make a shit team with completely unrealistic fans who think they have a god given right to trophies, successful with less money than your rivals, by convincing great players to play for less money and live in the shit hole that is Liverpool, where they'll get robbed and continually wish they were good enough to play in Manchester or London.

Really can't see the fuss about Klopp....Dortmund have been the 2nd biggest/most successful club since the 50's... have won the league more times than anyone in Germany apart from obviously Bayern and Nuremburg (who won 7 of their nine before Dortmunds first,most in 20's/30's).
Not a patch on Pellegrinis CV for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.