Liverpool thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's got a point, it is one of the most challenging jobs in football. Huge expectations but little resources to produce what the fans demand, but I'm not sure I agree its one of the most interesting, trying to restore a huge club to where it thinks it should be on a shoe string budget in comparison to those that they think they deserve to competing with isnt that interesting a project IMO.

As for the Liverpool fans, there is nothing wrong with getting excited about a new manager, its just all the daft talk and obviously the over used "next year will be our year" phrase that has been in existence for the last 25 years, very little realism.

He'll be laying wreaths before we know it.

Exactly. At the end of the day we're fans of this crazy sport.

Take 2013-14, I had a blast. It was mad. Why shouldn't I have been giddy after beating City at Anfield? Does it mean I hate City or that I'm bitter or that I generally have a deluded outlook on life? No.

Granted I don't know what it was like in Liverpool itself.

I doubt anyone on here is moaning about Liverpool fans getting giddy on the appointment of an excellent manager.

What galls is the media double standards in fawning over Klopp. It appears that its ok for certain clubs to replace young British managers with overseas ones, and not others.

New Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has described the Anfield job as "the biggest challenge" in world football.

The 48-year-old German was appointed as Brendan Rodgers' successor on Thursday, signing a three-year deal worth £15m.

He takes over a side who are 10th in the Premier League with 12 points from eight games.

"I was never a guy for an easy way," Klopp told LFCTV. "This is the biggest challenge in football. It is the most interesting job in world football."

I'm sorry guys but he is already sounding ridiculous and where Rodgers left off

I don't know what's so upsetting about the stuff he said. If anything it is really tempered compared to what his predecessor has been saying. Also keep in mind the guy is genuinely excited. gosh, have any of you ever been excited about anything?

I don't know what's so upsetting about the stuff he said. If anything it is really tempered compared to what his predecessor has been saying. Also keep in mind the guy is genuinely excited. gosh, have any of you ever been excited about anything?
I am really pleased you have got what i think is a great manager and you are rightly excited
Every manager and player comes out with the same almost exact words after a day or two at the club,hell even mario did it,it's that which annoys people and you get the cult comments
I think the best job in world football would be the elite teams who win regularly and have the worlds best players to manage

What's he supposed to say, 'I took the first thing I was offered'?

It's a fantastically interesting appointment, kudos to them. If and when Pep rocks up at the Etihad this league will be superb. Just need Simeone in at Chelsea now.

And hopefully Giggs at the rags, although I have a sneaking suspicion Mourinho will end up there at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.