Liverpool thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sturridge, Mario, Ings, Firminho, Lambert, Benteke, Borini. How many strikers do the dippers need ffs.

The scousers have effectively swapped Sterling for Benteke and if they are happy with that then it shows how deluded they are.

Firmino is really Sterlings "replacement" if you're looking at it that way. Even if Sterling would've stayed, we'd still have needed another striker.

Johnson - Clyne
Gerrard v. 2015 - Milner
No backup Gk - Bogdan
Some failed 22 yo defender - Gomez
Borini* - Ings
Sterling - Firmino

*yet to leave, but surely he will?

Wonder what'll become of Sturridge, at the injury rate of last season, he's basically a luxury/squad player that can't be relied on. I hope the rehab works out for the guy.

Benteke is a carthorse, I can't see him scoring more than 15 goals next season

Liverpool to finish 6th

Benteke is a carthorse, I can't see him scoring more than 15 goals next season

Liverpool to finish 6th

Our situation is so dire that that is twice the amount of goals as our top scorer last season; and quarduple the amount of all of our strikers output from last season. 15 goals, I'm talking about.

It is hard to overstate the disaster of a season that last season was. In a way I sympathize with the different approach of just paying the asking fee and being done with it. I think everyone realizes and understands that we've overpaid, but the powers-that-be erred on securing the first choice.

Liverpool to finish 6th

....but the problem is that Spurs have Kane, and Pochettino knows what he's doing there; Arsenal are 4th place experts; and Manchester United are promoting multi-million world-class talent from their academy. So even if we improve, yes, 6th could still be our ceiling. The brutal start to the season doesn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.