Liverpool thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of them are mentally deficient.

The only side they might have a shot at knocking out of the top 4 is United, and that's becoming less and less likely as United continue to strengthen their squad.

Liverpool don't have a single top class player in their squad. Yes, they've got some good, and maybe even very good, players, but no-one in that top echelon. Look at the other top squads, Aguero, Silva, Toure, Rooney, De Gea, Di Maria, Hazard, Costa, Fabregas, Oscar, Courtois, Sanchez, Cech. All top quality. Liverpool have no-one you would put in that bracket. No-one. Their best player is probably Coutinho, and he's overhyped and overrated, helped by the Liverpool biased media.

They have got Sterling and Suarez haven't they? Hold on I haven't thought this through.

It's going to be a tough top 4 this season, and there's nothing to say City won't have to fight to be there or there abouts.
I can't see Liverpool managing top 4, unless they pull something/someone miraculous out of the bag.
Benteke will be an improvement upfront, but not sure it'll be enough. Sterling is a loss to them, as is Gerrard.

Just read the last few pages of their City thread. There's 1/2 reasonable posters that can see things from an unbiased perspective and doesn't buy into the media lies and myths such as us ruining English talent but the rest of them i would of sworn were United fans if i didn't know otherwise. The few that constantly bring up the "City are not a big club" line are especially obsessed and jealous.

We get it, Liverpool have a bigger fanbase than City. I don't think there's a single City fan in the world that wouldn't admit Liverpool have more fans worldwide than City. But so what? What exactly does that achieve? Why do they think having more fans in a country the players will likely play in once maybe twice in their entire careers matters to the players in any way whatsoever? In terms of having more fans, yes Liverpool are a big club but the importance of that is pretty much non-existent unless you're working in marketing for that particular club. It's hilarious how they try to convince themselves having a bigger worldwide support is more important or more valued than Winning titles every other year.

It's not something unique to Liverpool mind, it's something that all teams with a big fanbase that haven't won anything significant recently constantly harp on about as if it's something to be envious of. United fans desperately clung to it when we demolished them and took the league from their cold dead bacon-ridden hands in the last moments of the season.

Do they really believe there's City fans sat there thinking "I wish we had as many fans turn up to a pre season game as Liverpool can attract" I think most City fans would be more bothered about watching the best young player in Europe play for their team instead. The simple fact is, Liverpool are no longer a big club on the pitch, and selling their best player 2 seasons in a row is never going to help them to rectify that regardless of how much they've received for that player or how much they think they've "won" because they received more than their personal valuation of that player.

We'll see who's really "won" when Sterling helps City win multiple trophies over his career whilst Liverpool spend almost their entire cut of the fee on a Belgian donkey that I very much doubt will even fit into their team and will be gone in a season or two for a fraction of the price.

City are a much bigger draw for players than Liverpool are now, it's not even debatable, they need to stop being so jealous and bitter about it and just accept it because no matter what raggish line or story they come up with to try and convince themselves otherwise the only thing that really matters in football is winning. And they're not winning anything anytime soon.

Last edited:
Some of them are mentally deficient.

The only side they might have a shot at knocking out of the top 4 is United, and that's becoming less and less likely as United continue to strengthen their squad.

Liverpool don't have a single top class player in their squad. Yes, they've got some good, and maybe even very good, players, but no-one in that top echelon. Look at the other top squads, Aguero, Silva, Toure, Rooney, De Gea, Di Maria, Hazard, Costa, Fabregas, Oscar, Courtois, Sanchez, Cech. All top quality. Liverpool have no-one you would put in that bracket. No-one. Their best player is probably Coutinho, and he's overhyped and overrated, helped by the Liverpool biased media.
I really don't know why they do it to themselves, every season they are are always full of it, last season a few of them even suggested they would get to the final of the Champions League, I don't know many City fans that despite having a better squad who have that type of optimism

Liverpool still are a huge club, recognised the world over, with a rich history and global fanbase. Then again, so are celtic. Both have replaced world class players with mediocrity.
I really can't understand why they went for Rodgers. They should have learnt their lesson from giving Hodgson the gig. How can you go from mascerano, alonso and Gerrard to what is there now? I don't think the fall from grace will be as dramatic as leeds or blackburns though. They need to address it quickly though. Even a genius of a manager would need a few years to turn them into contenders again unless they were given unlimited funds to be able to write off the fees or contracts of those in place and recruit quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.