Liverpool thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bizarre stuff coming out about Rodgers. Apparently, he deliberately sidelined Sakho, Moreno, Can (only played during injuries, and often out of position), Markovic, and Firmino because they were committee guys. He favored Allen, Lallana (when available), Lovren and Ibe. Not the biggest fan of Lucas either. Dafuq?
People strongly suspected that at the time. He's an utter dickhead. Mind you, people strongly suspected that as well.

OK I am going to say it. I like Klopp. I think he is a breath of fresh air. Good luck to him.

I think most of us like Klopp but we don't want to see him succeed at Liverpool. It won't be long before the media starts talking about how his loyalty and hard working attitude embody what the club is all about. Hard working and Liverpool?! Hmmm. A great result for them at Chelsea, and they did exactly what you'd expect a Klopp side to do. They still don't have the personnel to threaten winning the league though. Lucas and Milner aren't going to win every game just through hard work. It's been said on the Pellegrini thread, when we play them we should setup as we did last night and look to exploit their attempts at pressing us high up the pitch.

It would be hard not to be likeable after that utter, self-obsessed twat Rodgers (but so was Mourinho initially). He can also hardly fail to do better than that utter charlatan. with what is a decent squad. Their natural position should be 5th, in theory, so any extra he can get out of them may see them challenge for a top four spot. They should be at least sniffing around the top four, with the money they've spent and their wage bill. Unless he performs a complete miracle then they shouldn't trouble us again too much but the other three big clubs look vulnerable currently.

He'll have to get use to a longer season, with no winter break and more competition among the leading clubs. In Germany, if you beat Bayern, you beat everyone else. Here, you have to see off us, Chelsea, the rags, Arsenal and even jostle for position with Spurs. One or two of those may have a bad season but not all of them. You're competing for players against bigger spending clubs and working in a totally different financial landscape.

If it was a three-way choice between them, the rags and Arsenal for the last two top four spots then they'd be the least objectionable (although it's a close call).

Klopp does seem very likeable but the media wankfest if the Dippers had success under him would be unbearable. So for that reason alone I'm stood firmly in the crash and burn camp.

You know what? I nipped out to the shops for twenty minutes the day Rodgers was sacked, and I missed all the media wailing and gnashing of teeth about foreign owners sacking a talented young British coach - you know, like they did when Hughes was axed.

And wouldn't you know it, I was out walking the dog when Klopp was appointed so I also missed the media campaign bemoaning the appointment of a foreign coach when there are plenty of talented young British managers who cannot get jobs at top English clubs because nasty foreign owners keep appointing nasty foreign coaches. Still, I'm sure I'll find it all on line if I look really hard.

Maybe it's in the agenda thread.

Definitely crash and burn for me. Shouldn't be too hard to achieve that at the Merseyside circus either.

You know what? I nipped out to the shops for twenty minutes the day Rodgers was sacked, and I missed all the media wailing and gnashing of teeth about foreign owners sacking a talented young British coach - you know, like they did when Hughes was axed.

And wouldn't you know it, I was out walking the dog when Klopp was appointed so I also missed the media campaign bemoaning the appointment of a foreign coach when there are plenty of talented young British managers who cannot get jobs at top English clubs because nasty foreign owners keep appointing nasty foreign coaches. Still, I'm sure I'll find it all on line if I look really hard.

Maybe it's in the agenda thread.
You need to get rid of the mutt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.