Liverpool v City 1st leg CL Qtr Final post match

These are Peps own words -
"We didn't create clear chances because they defended deep. We needed one goal but we couldn’t score it"

Why didn’t we do that in the first half then!?!? We could have sat back.

Liverpool at Anfield always always throw everything at you from kick off. Those emotional nutters all behind them getting them excited. All we had to do was sit tight and defend well for the first 45min and play on the counter attack. We were so open. It was pathetic. It’s the Champions League quarters. You have to be able at times defend. Its great having possession but at this level, away from home, teams will press and get the ball off us and we will always be open to attacks.

His style does work 90% of the time but maybe its not a coincidence that his teams have struggled at the later stages of the champions league. Having a Plan B or a change of style sometimes isn’t showing a weakness.

Funny thing is if we scored and made it 3-1 Liverpool would think game is still on them winning 3-0 mentally when they rock up at ours they will think tie is over! They’ll be in 2 minds what to do, we get an early goal get to half time even just 1 up we have a great chance.

If we win Saturday then it’s effectively our last game of the season unless we win. Might as well just completely go for it and if we lose again so be it.

Aguero and Jesus to start.

Yes I would agree if UEFA hadn't consistently shown they do not want us.
  • Fined for coming back a few minutes late at half time.
  • Not allowing our fans into a stadium in Russia but ignoring the Russian fans that were present.
  • Attempting to charge us for booing their stupid anthem.
  • Looking into us insulting an opposition player by singing "Your'e not incredible".
  • Investigated by UEFA for fans throwing paper planes during a match at the Etihad.
  • Bringing in Financial Fair Play rules because their cosy cartel were in danger of being disrupted.
I could go on and on about UEFA and their money making shit competition, but I know it means a lot to the Club.

Just count me out.

I don't disagree with any of that and respect your stance, but these are more of faults of the governing authority and not on the actual football played in the competition.

Well; this has been a really enjoyable morning at work. Not.

I’m working from home, alone. With no TV(apart from Netflix) or radio on. Also, the idea of going on any other form of social media apart from this site, doesn’t bare thinking about

First post, long time reader but wanted to vent after last night!

Spineless and too used to having things our own way unfortunately. Pep outthought by Klopp and changing a team/formation thats worked so well all season backfired massively.

When they fly out of the blocks (which was always going to happen at home!) and it got tough we folded, the same as we did in the league tie at Anfield. No excuses to concede 4 in 15 mins the first time around and 3 in 25mins last night. Tie effectively over at HT

Special note to Jesus,I genuinely really rate him but have never seen a more anonymous performance, must have had less than 20 touches all game!!

BUT...

One trophy in the bag with another hopefully in the bag at weekend, we can't complain at all, just a shame we didn't get chance to use the 2nd leg being played at home to its full advantage

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.