Liverpool v City 1st leg CL Qtr Final post match

Tactical failure completely and also players getting scared of the occasion. Pep didnt prepare well for this game its a huge mistake by him.

He went to the Anfield with City the 3rd time and his team got surprised by Liverpool the same way:

High pressing, agressive in your face type of pressing and attacks with pace, unreal workrate for second balls whch they end up winning all of them. And Klopp raied the bar today with immense defending, he made us having 0 shots of target. Klopp raped Guardiola today no better way to put it.

They had more desire.

And Guardiola starts to make his moves on this game? Like putting on Gundogan, start with a back three than change it back to a back four when its too late? Klopp played exactly what they did all season just higher level and we go and change stuff around put in 4 midfielders, use a back 3, Walker way too forward irst 30 mnutes on right side.

Really a shit performance from manager to all our players. Gundogan was shit decision tactically and he played bad all game but no way 6-7 other payers were any better than him.
Pep fucked up badly. Look what united did played a back four that didn’t push up and Liverpool created fuck all.

The whole defence turned to blancmange and was utter dogshit. Shocker of a game really. Never threatened them. It really was pathetic.

In a game like that, where neither side is producing anything, it should be 0-0.

Liverpool got 3 goals without having to do anything.

Last year Monaco got several purely down to individual piss defending.

It's all well & good when City have 80% of the ball or score 4 goals, but these people at the back sometimes have to stand up & win us games when it goes wrong.

I can't remember a single game in recent years under any manager where that has happened.

I most certainly did, Stanley!

tenor.gif

I've said repeatedly it's clearly a disappointment. I'm not attempting to gloss it over. I just think you're being hyperbolic saying it's taken the shine off our season. That downplays everything we've done in the 35-odd games that have gone before, on the basis of one night. How many other English clubs would like to be in our position right now?
OK perhaps I should have said, some of the shine. It's a setback and a big one. No point pretending otherwise.

ZERO shots on target. Yeah, we weren't that bad.
Were we dominated and completely overrun? Were we subjected to an onslaught of pressure and chances? Didn’t think so.
One disallowed good goal and a twice nailed on penalty denied. They scored an offside goal to boot. We got no justice tonight.
We controlled the game but just didn’t get the breaks. Sometimes that happens.
In almos 50 year’s of watching City I have certainly seen lots worse....

You know what, as pissed off as I am about the game, I am equally and in fact more pissed off when I see the bus attack again - an absolute disgrace and completely unacceptable considering it’s bee known about for nearly 3 weeks!

It's my opinion ric but with bayern and us he's fell well short in the champs lge. I know we are all disappointed but it's my view.

Exactly mate. It's your view, which you're well entitled to. It's not "fact" though.

Shouldn't it follow that those fans who embrace the CL deserve to go through than the ones who don't care ?
No. Uefa have done everything in their power to keeps from winning it. I know it's important for our our owners to create a global brand, but to me retaining the Premier League next year would be a fantastic achievement and far more important

That one bad pass was criminal in the context of how we play though. The way we play is all about risk and reward and Sane's pass was a nothing pass. 0% reward as even if Silva would have controlled it, there would have been 3 Liverpool players on him like a flash. But 100% risk and put players were out of possession.

The decision making was way off the mark tonight.

True enough, but that's why we have defenders at the back rather than 4 forwards.

They defended worse than 4 forwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.