Liverpool v City 1st leg CL Qtr Final post match

Liverpool have shown in the past they can crumble when under pressure. Couple od goals before HT without conceding and they'll shit themselves.
Clean sheet is a must though.
Yep, folded like an old deckchair at the Emirates earlier in the season when cruising the game

I don't think anyone is pretending it's not a setback though? It patently is.

Is that really so different from what I said? You have to view the season in a slightly different light now otherwise you are guilty of taking the good, and ignoring the bad. It's all part of the season. Every single aspect.

We go gung-ho nextweek we are playing into their hands again. We need to keep calm for a period of the first half and control the game so that liverpool get frustrated.

We can easily get 3 goals with no reply, however like I said we need to manage them early on and just stifle and suppress them, klopp wont have a plan b - he never has had one

Totally not out of this tie yet.... get ourselves 2-0 up in the 2nd leg and the place is rocking ..... defining moments for the club, the players and most importantly the fans next Tuesday.... we all turn up and we'll get what we want.... we don't and we'll get what we deserve

Everyone seemed to want a bit too much time on the ball in the first half. It was borderline comical at times.

I think that was because they are used to having an outlet further forward to pass to and with Gundogan on the right, that outlet just wasn't there, so they had to dwell more on the ball while looking for a forward option.

It's not Gundogan's fault but his inclusion in that position weakened us defensively and also when attacking.

People ignoring the biased officiating. The first goal gets correctly flagged for offside and the game is completely different.

We then have an onside Goal Disallowed... these are fine margins but absolutely critical In the context of the tie.
I knew the UEFA officials would get us in the end tbh

I hear what your saying but I felt Sane was onside 3 times he got called off & led to a perfectly good goal struck off. Sterling should have got a pen under the nose of the penalty box ref, taken out then controlled with defenders hand.

Small margins define big games. Hopefully we’ve learnt something from the game but can’t see us overturning this.

Nothing new with officials unfortunately mate. It wasn't our day at all. Every 50/50 and loose ball fell to them in the first half aswell.

Downside....we shipped 3
Upside....No injury concerns
Downside....we need to score 4
Upside....kun should Be back
Downside....they will score at ours
Upside....we scored 5 against them last time
Downside....we got beaten quite easily
Upside....we are not out just yet. We can still do it if we perform to our best.
Downside... we didn’t get an away goal
Upside... two of their most influential players will be missing

As a side note, Henderson getting sent off in 2014, lost them the league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.