Liverpool v City 1st leg CL Qtr Final post match

I don't really see why we are so vulnerable to Liverpool's energetic game. I's hardly unique or clever tactics. It's just basic stuff that you expect from a Klopp team. We really should have been very well prepared for this. To an extent we were a bit unlucky with offside calls, and a great goal from the Ox ,however that's twice in a season we've been done in a similar way.

Pep made many mistakes in one game:

1- Playing Gundogan instead of Sterling or Bernardo was a big mistake. We couldn't create anything from the right and were predictable that we are relying on Sane.

2- Laporte is not LB, I would play Delph or Danilo because they know how to support Sane better.

3- Why not make any change after half time ?

4- Jesus is not half ready to replace Aguero yet and I am not sure if he will ever be good enough to be our main striker.

5- Never use Gundogan in any position other than DM, he did well there against Arsenal and Chelsea.

Anyway, Pep is a human and he will make mistakes over and over again but lets hope he will not repeat the same mistakes and learn.

What about playing Otamendi ?

Funny .... some fans who, during this last months are after every one who didn’t praise the team as they would. oh we are the best oh this .. that player is the best, ah whoow they are prasing us as the favourite to win the CL.

Otherwise,it is so strange, this games against Liverloose.... you feel since the start that something is fishy.

Some players have some fart brain moments and no one step up to lead them aka Ronaldo for example.

Guardiola should sort out his play style away in CL. every time get blown away (real, barca athletico)

Today the team was totaly shit couldn’t control the game especially winning 2nd balls.
When the ball is lost, the players become like plots just static and ball watching

Losing could happen but losing that way against lovren, Milner, Ox, Henderson and co ...

Last year against Monaco has shown that city is leaking too much goals

Angry simply because i didn’t expect this result

Typical city at Anfield. Typical city to turn it around?

I’ve not thrown the towel in yet and hope to Christ the players and management haven’t either

Just glad only one manager has peps number

This. No matter how good you are there will always be a challenge or anti christ thats strength quite simply exploits your weakness as a collective. Liverpool is exactly that. And we all knew this before kick off.

That said they will have to be extremely strong minded because as if they don’t play to their strength second leg and change tact what should be seen as formality could quickly be undone.. we must play on this and hope they buckle. They are not a side built to the tune of seeing things through they should attack us. Easier said than done at 3-0.

If we win 3-0 with those refereeing decisions plus the offside and not offside Klopp and Liverpool media darling would only be talking about that

I think that was because they are used to having an outlet further forward to pass to and with Gundogan on the right, that outlet just wasn't there, so they had to dwell more on the ball while looking for a forward option.

It's not Gundogan's fault but his inclusion in that position weakened us defensively and also when attacking.

Yeah you are probably right, that combined with their demonic pressing! Not seen Silva as sloppy in a very long time. If we do go out let's hope we go down fighting next week, instead of bending over.

I love pep and think he is one of the best managers ever when it comes to his vision and philosophy.
But I can't help but wonder how we would be playing if someone like klopp or conte was our manager with the players we currently have.

Take away half of our goals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.