Liverpool v City 1st leg CL Qtr Final post match

Brought a tear to my eye reading this.

One of the best City games I've attended was us coming back to beat the Spuds in their back yard in the FA Cup.

I was tucked away in enemy territory & had to restrain myself when Jonny Macken scored the winner.

SWP ran them ragged that night - those were the days indeed!
That’s the spirit. I’m fucking gutted at the minute, more so because of all the shite in the build up. But, as previously stated we’ve been in worse positions than this and somehow managed to get through.

We were shit tonight. Lost all 2nd balls. Sloppy passing. Poor decision making. Possession counts for nothing if you can do anything with it. Our transitional play was poor and the slow pace of attack made it an easy night for Liverpool. Guardiola called it wrong with Laporte and Gundogan IMO and all in all we're out barring a miracle. He needs to learn how to beat Klopp but not sure he has the answers. I'm gutted with what I've seen. Surrounded by Reds in pub tonight made it painful to watch. Nothing to cheer about at all. They bloody well better win the title against ManUre!!

I love City and always will but how does this happen time after time
David silva will go down as probably our best ever but yet again he Is nowhere to be seen at anfield.,
Our 1 up front be it Sergio or Jesus don't get a kick all game !
Is it a mental block that we can't get over,like fuckin Wigan.?
I wish I knew.
This tie is over, they will score next week and we will run out of time.
Gutted

I agree, yes he did it with Barca but that was with some of the best players we’ve ever watched and maybe THE best player there’s ever been
I think at this level you will come across a team that will make you pay

Said before wouldn’t swap him just we might not win CL with him
Why the doubts about Pep ? There is no better coach anywhere. Bad night, but he gets it wrong less than anyone else.

Take fern out and put B.Silva in CM with Silva and KDB, stick Sterling on the right and tell Walker and Danilo they are not allowed in their own half
Fuckin go for it City

So, seeing as it was his fault, along with Kompany Walker & to a lesser extent, Laporte, that we let 3 goals in, the first coming during a period when we were cruising in the game, why are we discussing Gundogan, etc ?

I am discussing Pep selection mainly.

Selecting Gundogan ahead of Sterling & Bernardo made us less creative on the right, as well as selecting Laporte ahead of Danilo or Delph made us less creative on the left. This is what I expected before the game and this is what happen.

I love City and always will but how does this happen time after time
David silva will go down as probably our best ever but yet again he Is nowhere to be seen at anfield.,
Our 1 up front be it Sergio or Jesus don't get a kick all game !
Is it a mental block that we can't get over,like fuckin Wigan.?
I wish I knew.
This tie is over, they will score next week and we will run out of time.
Gutted
Sergio doesn't many touches to win a game. Nothing to lose now - balls out second leg.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.