Liverpool v City 1st leg CL Qtr Final post match

They all think they've won it already just like 2014. And we know what happened there. If we score two first half goals the tie changes for me.

Another upside, if they do get through, they're getting nowhere near the trophy, so it will just add to the pain when they do get knocked out ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That was tough to take. I fucking hate visiting Anfield. We lost our heads for 25 minutes.

Very strange that even KDB mentioned after beating Everton that the first half City were magical and probably the best 45 minutes (first half) we played all season.
Followed quickly by probably the worst 45 minutes played in all season tonight in first half. Not just defending 3 goals conceded could have been more, but also lack of good attacks and shots.

He is our main CB this season, so it was expected that he will/should start. I know he made expensive mistakes and was our worst CB this game.

So, seeing as it was his fault, along with Kompany Walker & to a lesser extent, Laporte, that we let 3 goals in, the first coming during a period when we were cruising in the game, why are we discussing Gundogan, etc ?

Quote from yesterday: Pep: "I know the way we play is perfect for Liverpool. They attack the space."

At least Pep knows and will address it........
How can you admit the way we play is perfect for the opposition but still play that way. How does that make sense?

I’d love to know what Pep was thinking tonight, I just can’t make sense of it.

Gundogan playing on the right side of midfield just mystifies me, it completely nullified any attacking impetus because he offers no threat in behind. That isn’t Gundogan’s fault, he’s not that type of player but by using him in that position it allowed Liverpool to defend compact and narrow on that side, which also allowed them to double up on Sane in the knowledge we couldn’t switch play quickly.

I absolutely love Pep and the way we play (usually) but he got this one completely wrong for me. He’s clearly got his reasons and doesn’t have to justify them to anybody given his record but I’m surprised he didn’t change it earlier.

At 3-0 I can’t see us recovering in this tie, we have to go for it and potentially we could get spanked again but we have nothing to lose now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.