Liverpool v City 1st leg CL Qtr Final post match

You have to admire what pep is doing by sticking to his guns and sticking to his philosophy against all odds but you have to wonder if he will ever win the champions league again.
In the champions league you have to be pragmatic as fuck. You need to be able to change your tactics at a moments notice.
Yes he was very successful in Europe with barcelona playing a certain way.
Liverpool pressed us hard but it's nothing compared to the level of press real madrid inflicted on barcelona. Pep even said once that going into games against real madrid he would tell his players that if they hold onto the ball for more than half a second, they will loose it.
The difference at barcelona was that he had played like messi, xavi and iniesta who could cope with any amounts of press. He needs very intelligent players to play his way. We are not smart enough to do that. We are in good company as bayern munich also struggled with his tactics.

I love pep and think he is one of the best managers ever when it comes to his vision and philosophy.
But I can't help but wonder how we would be playing if someone like klopp or conte was our manager with the players we currently have.
I thought we'd get beat against a Barcelona or real Madrid precisely because Pep would just attack them, play an expansive game, and technically they have better players. I did not expect us to lose heavily to a Liverpool side. Teams like Juve and Atletico have had some historical success because their coaches are prepared to play defensive football.

We didn't lose to a technically better side though. That is what is annoying about tonight

All I wanted was to come back home with at the most s 2 goal deficate. They couldn't do it. I will be at the return leg but honestly don't feel like going. I'm gutted. So much was wrong tonight.

I feel eviscerated
Cheer up man
It’s only half time
Remember what happened the last time they played us at home
They will approach the game completely differently and so will we
Keep believing
I honestly hope we turn up at home,and I share your positive outlook, .....but right now I feel eviscerated,,just empty. Roll on Saturday and get a bit of
pride back by hounding the rags

Early goal and anything is possible

Eight past them this season already

I really thought it was going to be five or six when it was three after half an hour

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.