Liverpool V City post match discussion.

I would have settled for a point before the game and thats what we got so I can't complain. Still on target for same points as last year, goal differnce though is 8 down. I think we are still suffering from the whole squad not having had a pre season together and if we have to grind out results over next five or six games to achieve what should have happened pre season then we will get better. The player we are still missing is Barry. (Tin hat on) IMO.

Cheadle Blue said:
brummie blue said:
Awful performance today, Liverpool are a poor team, playing at Anfield or not, we should have beaten them today, we were the best team for 20 minutes and then switched off.

2 goals given away from set pieces, first was poor, poor marking, our worst header of the ball marking their best, defence coaching/planning needs sorting.

The second, Ok it wasn't a free kick, but was given, and we should know what Suarez is capable of, so put an extra man on the wall and he doesn't get the ball around it.

But the worse thing about today, that formation was awful, no seemed comfortable, Yaya becomes ordinary playing deep and gets in the way and leaves to much of a gap between mid and forwards, we don't need two holding midfielders against a team like Liverpool, even when playing three at the back, Kolo showed Lescott is the better partner for Vinnie, and Zaba is clearly a better right back than centre half. And Mario still needs to do more.

Very disappointed today.

Wow, you can't be too disappointed mate with a point at anfield. lets see how chelsea and united get on there

We should all be disappointed, 3 years ago a point at Anfield was brilliant, we have come a very long way and should go to a place like Anfield with a team that is being rebuilt and expect to win, we looked like we went for a point.

Re: Why do they shout for EVERYTHING at Anfield?

danebanksheik said:
Was the same watching Stoke earlier - total delight booing and shouting against the opposition, not sure how this encourages their own players.
they booed aaron ramsey, thats just vile

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
LoveCity said:
Would have been another 3-2 if Edin didn't need so many chances to score a goal, should have buried that.

I think that is really harsh. I he had scored that would have been a great finish. Dzeko did ok for me. I thought kolo wasn't that bad either.

Kolorov was poor, Milner was poor, zab was average and nasri and balotelli didn't do enough. You can't have that many players off their game.

We won't get away with performances like today and last week all season.

Mancini didn't sound too confident on the transfer front.

By all means, Dzeko performed very well aside from that miss and I think it is fair to call it a miss as if he had put it on target it would have been a goal (short of it miraculously getting caught in Reina's long golden lockes that appear from no where). And you have to expect someone of his quality to hit the target far more often than he has as of late. I think it is just like me when I want to prove my worth in a match: I end up trying to hard and overplaying the clear cut chances. He has the talent, he just needs the belief.

dodgy free kick and decisions are becoming the norm for us at anfield one of the better things to come out of today is that we didn't have to watch the boy with no forehead gerrard celebrating another dodgy pen!!!

Rammyblues said:
I would have settled for a point before the game and thats what we got so I can't complain. Still on target for same points as last year, goal differnce though is 8 down. I think we are still suffering from the whole squad not having had a pre season together and if we have to grind out results over next five or six games to achieve what should have happened pre season then we will get better. The player we are still missing is Barry. (Tin hat on) IMO.
Agreed until DDR signs.

Re: Why do they shout for EVERYTHING at Anfield?

Because it works.

Imagine your boss shouting at you to do something every five seconds; it's going to make you make mistakes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.