Liverpool V City post match discussion.

Hard ground to go to, particularly for us for some reason. But a point isn't a bad result, especially as we weren't at our best.

Thought Rodwell was good when he came on - that was never a freekick.

If we get past QPR and go into the international break with 7 points I'll be happy enough.

Phuket Blue said:
Marvin said:
peterctid said:
I think our formation was dictated by our injuries. Dont forget we have two full backs missing-micah and gael,Barry is out and Merlin is still finding his way back to speed.

I do think that Edin deserves to start-he made a difference and towards the end when Yaya went forward and Merlin was on we got a little more of the ball.

Kolo looks off the pace and kolarov. just cant defend, so a point with possibly our weakest defensive line up is adequate.

Early season attacks are always on top-so we will soon be back to speed. Lets not get too flappy.

Couldn't agree more. Especially ref Dzeko. Let's hope he starts next few games
Was Clichy injured then? Why didn't Lescott start? I'd have also started Dzeko ahead of Mario. Very much a weakened City team

Lescott was injured and still isn't match fit, I think he started Mario instead because of the EURO's and Mario seemed to look quite bright when he came on against Southampton, and apparently people are saying Clichy has had a baby which makes sense.

samharris said:
Danielmanc said:
LoveCity said:
BTW for all the hate Rodwell got in matchday I thought he played well when he came on and that was never a handball, two joke decisions in two years leading to two Anfield goals for the scouse vagabonds.

Amazes me that some start slagging off a new player like Rodwell only 2 games in to his City career - strange kind of "support" that !

Be happy in the fact that those who slagged off Rodders know fook all about football.

Truth

Re: Isnt it the old saying?

Personally i think we can all accept poor performances but i cant help that the poor performance today was as much to do with the formation and team selection than single other reason

I cant decide if the players dont care or believe that the only have to turn up on the pitch and won the game

piss poor display for a team of supposed champions and the manager isnt much better messing around with what was the best defence in the league last season.

MSP said:
I won't be harsh on Mariner (or Marriner), he's very good ref and one harsh foul can't change that. He was very good beside that today too.
He was okay today; under a lot of pressure from the screeching mickeys for every tackle. Apparently there was only one booking (one of the scousers IIRC), so he didn't even book Carlos for lifting his shirt (oo-err missus!) after he scored.

Kurple said:
rastus said:
chicagoblues said:
Nasri and Silva both needs to play together

This, we need those 2 together and we need desperately to sign a hazard type for sure
this should have been our formation this season

-------hart
micah-vk-jl-clichy
-yaya-ddr-barry
nasri--silva--hazard
-tevez-kun-cavani

if only we could play 14 lol

Not read the whole of this thread because I wanted to think about what I posted so here goes. I am fucking delighted to have snared a point after that performance! We were truly woeful and just did not retain the ball well. I am not a fan of this new system at all and we looked so much better when we went back to our normal one.

Positives-I am sorry but not many. Tevez by far was my man of the match along with Zab man and Yaya became more and more influential as the game went on.Silva.looked good for the time he was on.

Negatives...:-

Kolarov-fucking woeful-Nothing more to say
Koko the clown-Fucking woeful and completely out of sorts-looked totally overweight.
Milner-Fucking anonymous.

And finally Mr Dzeko-Any baffoon who thinks he is still good enough in this league is deluded. A clinical marksman would have buried that chance in the 86th!! Get rid for me-He has had enough chances. No room for sentiment at this level.

Anyway-2 games 4 pts..We have showed resilience to come back from behind. Hope we get 2 or 3 quality additions this week.

Danielmanc said:
LoveCity said:
BTW for all the hate Rodwell got in matchday I thought he played well when he came on and that was never a handball, two joke decisions in two years leading to two Anfield goals for the scouse vagabonds.

Amazes me that some start slagging off a new player like Rodwell only 2 games in to his City career - strange kind of "support" that !

Well go for slagging a player whos been here a little longer

Happy with the point there, get the we're Champions should win there etc stuff but it's always a ridiculously tough away game for us, Man Utd and Chelsea. Really liked Rodwell when he come on and thought Allen was brilliant for them, first half especially. Proud to come back twice!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.