Liverpool V City post match discussion.

NiceN Sleazy said:
de niro said:
mancini picked the wrong players and the wrong system. suicide at a place like anfield. it was bad enough to underestimate southampton but to do it to liverpool away is sheer madness.
the prem amd the CL are not the places to experiment or to rotate.
if by any chance you fancy risking changing your title winning formation get it right with the right players if you want to stand a chance of retaining your trophy.

that said they were very lucky today, the ref gifted them their second goal, which always happens when we go there.
learn from this city and quickly.

Not sure about the "system".
Obviously it is a work in progress and
it did seem ok in pre-season and charity shield.
Liverpool were always going to be up for this,
a bit like a cup final to them. We did seem to have a gaping big hole in
the middle of the field which pool controlled, now, if I can see that , I'm sure
RM and staff can. I'm sure we will be better next week.

we'd better be.

Citizen in Pakistan said:
Though Rodwell has just played 2 games with us, but he is impressive.i think he will be a perfect replacement for De jong if he leaves.

He is also fast bewcoming the rightful owner of the "why always me" T shirt

Im not sure about Mancini's comment

" We had four incredible chances in the first 30 minutes"

Can anyone name them?

I can only think of the Tevez one that hit the post which was not an incredible chance..He may have meant Balotelli not folloiwng it up

We had a couple of half chances but nothing more as far as I can recall.

de niro said:
NiceN Sleazy said:
de niro said:
mancini picked the wrong players and the wrong system. suicide at a place like anfield. it was bad enough to underestimate southampton but to do it to liverpool away is sheer madness.
the prem amd the CL are not the places to experiment or to rotate.
if by any chance you fancy risking changing your title winning formation get it right with the right players if you want to stand a chance of retaining your trophy.

that said they were very lucky today, the ref gifted them their second goal, which always happens when we go there.
learn from this city and quickly.

Not sure about the "system".
Obviously it is a work in progress and
it did seem ok in pre-season and charity shield.
Liverpool were always going to be up for this,
a bit like a cup final to them. We did seem to have a gaping big hole in
the middle of the field which pool controlled, now, if I can see that , I'm sure
RM and staff can. I'm sure we will be better next week.

we'd better be.

I like to be positive and we will be better. We are just warming up.

IMO i dont think our formation was to blame today. You can play whatever formation you like but if you let opposition Centre halves have a free header on goal from a corner - expect to get punished. And the free kick was unsaveable. Only slight criticism is that i would have positioned the wall another man further left of the post or put an extra body in there. It's harder to get the ball up, over and down than bend it round IMO.

Oh and our passing was strangely well off the mark today. Don't think i have seen Vinny lump it forward as much in any one game since he's been at the club. Bobby was doing his nut on the touchline.

But saying that, before the game if you'd have offered me a point i would have took it. The poor performance just makes that single point look 1 gained instead of 2 lost. Might come in handy at end of season..................... ala Stoke away last season ;)

dctid said:
Citizen in Pakistan said:
Though Rodwell has just played 2 games with us, but he is impressive.i think he will be a perfect replacement for De jong if he leaves.

He is also fast bewcoming the rightful owner of the "why always me" T shirt

:D I've been impressed with him also, wouldnt mind seeing him start in the middle with Barry or Nige and Yaya being played in his more advanced role from the start of a game. Something like this, sod the 3-5-fooking-2....

---------Hart
PZ---VK----JL---GC
---GB/NDJ--JR
SN-------YT------DS
---------CT

Think this would have controlled the midfield today and Liverpool wouldnt have had half the space they ended up having.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
wayne71 said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
brilliant...So what about the other 37 games you clown!

You need to take a look at your own post history before you start calling other people clowns. Especially the angry shouty drunken ones.

That's funny as I am tea total.And I need to justify fuck all to you.

Dzeko-piss poor footballer.Even tackled Aguero at Wigan last year on the goal line! awful player,great guy.

Well St Hellen's - looks like general agreement of the board members is - only thing that is "shit" is your football knowledge. Shame, really.

Yeah we played poor 2day but to come away with a point from liverpool is still a good result.I do though want us start winning there soon coz coz are history there is embarassing so come on city

Comeback kings again..not pretty but a point at Anfield for their first home of the season..hell yeah .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.