Liverpool V City post match discussion.

I thought we were very lucky to escape with a point although the handball decision against Rodwell for their second was an absolute disgrace.

To be fair Liverpool looked pretty good and I can see them winning some big games at Anfield this season,

We should be happy with a point given the performance but will need to improve drastically if we want to retain the title.

A lot of people saying Mancini may be trying to prove a point to Marwood with the side we had out there... seems odd to have Silva on the bench.

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
A lot of people saying Mancini may be trying to prove a point to Marwood with the side we had out there... seems odd to have Silva on the bench.

Silva was horrid last week.

Silva had travelled to Puetro Rico with Spain and not done much preseason training with us.

I know Rodwell was protecting his face but looking at the replay he smothered and cuddled the ball like Joe Hart,so i can see why the ref gave the free kick.On the subject of Hart he had no chance with the free kick it was actually a great strike,bent around the wall and just inside the post.

Silva was left out because he is not match fit and was poor against Southampton.

These handball decisions do my head in. The ball was hit at around 70 mph and hit his knee first. It isn't humanly possible to have deliberately handled the ball when it changed direction two feet away. I suspect the referee didn't see the contact first with the knee, which equals mistake.

As for people saying we have shite players, we don't. We don't have one shite player in the squad. I am a shite player. Maybe we have some players who don't consistently perform to the level expected now. I expect Mancini knows who they are and is doing something about it, though.

What the hell will some people be like when we actually LOSE a game? Dear God.

paulchapo said:
I know Rodwell was protecting his face but looking at the replay he smothered and cuddled the ball like Joe Hart,so i can see why the ref gave the free kick.On the subject of Hart he had no chance with the free kick it was actually a great strike,bent around the wall and just inside the post.

Silva was left out because he is not match fit and was poor against Southampton.

baildon blue said:
black mamba said:
baildon blue said:
In the 31 years ive supported manchester city we have one twice 1981/1982 SEASON and 2002/2003 season so come on city sort it out

Liverpool have a good manager , some good kids , and a lot of spirit ... and were never as bad a team as a 3-0 loss at West Brom would suggest.

They beat the rags twice at home last season , and will win more home games than they lose this time around ....... so a point there today isn't the end of the world , especially only two games into the season.
It was a better point than fulham away last year but we will never have a better chance of beating liverpool than 2day with no agger
I would say that. If it wasnt their first home game of the season, under a new manager, with us having a full strength side (Micah, Joleon, Gaël, Gareth, David and Sergio all out) we'd have a much better chance against Liverpool whether Agger is playing or not.

halfcenturyup said:
These handball decisions do my head in. The ball was hit at around 70 mph and hit his knee first. It isn't humanly possible to have deliberately handled the ball when it changed direction two feet away. I suspect the referee didn't see the contact first with the knee, which equals mistake.

As for people saying we have shite players, we don't. We don't have one shite player in the squad. I am a shite player. Maybe we have some players who don't consistently perform to the level expected now. I expect Mancini knows who they are and is doing something about it, though.

What the hell will some people be like when we actually LOSE a game? Dear God.

paulchapo said:

Agreed it was a reflex reaction but you can see how he gave handball.I didn't say we had shite players i said Silva was poor against Southampton and not match fit which is why he was left out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.