Liverpool V City post match discussion.

This match should be a reality check for a lot of City fans. Like I said before fantastic first team all be it with weaknesses, but a weak squad.

The defense was poor, but what do you expect when you plat Kolo Toure and Zabaleta back there. Though in truth the match was lost in midfield. Yaya did not have the best day and this shows the weakness in your team. De Jong, Milner, Kolorov, Kolo and even Zabalet are average players.

I understand why Zabaleta is a fan favourite and he has a great winning attitude. He is very versatile and can play a number of positions. He always gives it all and will run through a brick wall for the team, but he is not good enough to be starting in your first team.

De Jong is just a very limited player and despite some decent performances for you at the run in to last season, his heart does not seem to be in it. He passes to the ball too slowly and cannot take control of the midfield. He can only really function in a 4-3-3 and even then he does not have the passing ability of Busquets. I think it's best to cash in on him and replace him with some one for the first team

Milner is just not very good. Yes he works hard and can strike the ball well, but he has a poor first touch, cannot beat the man and is not really a big game player. He is not good enough on the wing and is even worse in midfield. This is an example of the board screwing up Mancini's goal. Similar to Shevchenko being bought at Chelsea. The management wasted 25 million on a player that does not fit the system or the style of play. Mancini has built a team comfortable on the ball and capable of playing quick passing.

Kolorov is too slow and has poor position. I thought he would adjust to the league, but does not seem he ever will. Still he is a good second choice left back and if he is prepared to accept this worth keeping.

Kolo actually still has good pace, but his composure on the ball is poor as is his position. Most of the Arsenal fans I know were laughing when he City bought him since he was way past it. Not even good enough for back up.

You must bring in players to replace these guys or else you will be disappointed with this season.

I don't get the stick that Balotelli and Dzeko are getting. Your midfield was very poor and did not get the ball quickly to the strikers. Balotelli was not sharp, but if I understand right he missed most of your pre season only playing one game. So it is going to take him some time to get up to scratch. He actually worked hard in the first half and made several good runs, but your midfield was too slow to pick him out. Was not a good performance, but nothing to worry about.

Dzeko came on and did better than Balotelli, but this was in part due to Silva helping the team gel better. He linked up well with the other players and had a good chance. What's this about RVP would have scored that chance. Yes RVP may have scored it, but he missed a lot of chances for Arsenal. NO striker is perfect and Dzeko is more than good enough for fourth/third choice striker. It seems people are quick to forget the goal he scored against QPR or the one against Southampton just last week.

Nasri had a poor game and could not get into it like he sometimes does. This is why you need quality replacements for a situation like this.

As for Mancini he played the 3-5-2, because you don't have the depth of the enough players capable of playing a 4-4-2 with a depleted squad. Silva had a poor game and deserved to be dropped/rested. Milner just not good enough to replace him. Lescott not great, but with him out there was no way you could trust Kolo in a back 4 at Anfield or Savic. In midifield De Jong too limited and therefore the best way to to win the midfield battle was to play 3 there, but it failed. The board need to take note of what Mourinho did at Chelsea. Building a strong team of players all capable of playing the same style. This team lasted 8 years. Or the way Roman has done the same again now at Chelsea with a team that is complete for another 8 years or so.

Having said that, though it was a very poor performance it was actually a good result. Anfield is a tough place for anyone to go to and I doubt many of your rivals will take points there. Allen looked decent and Sterling looks a good prospect. With Coates, Agger and Srktel the defence is solid. Luiz Enrique and Johnson are good enough. Suarez is a horrible bloke, but a talented player and a thorn in the side of any defence. If they can get a regular goal scorer then I see them coming 6th or 5th.

supercrystal7 said:
This match should be a reality check for a lot of City fans. Like I said before fantastic first team all be it with weaknesses, but a weak squad.

The defense was poor, but what do you expect when you plat Kolo Toure and Zabaleta back there. Though in truth the match was lost in midfield. Yaya did not have the best day and this shows the weakness in your team. De Jong, Milner, Kolorov, Kolo and even Zabalet are average players.

I understand why Zabaleta is a fan favourite and he has a great winning attitude. He is very versatile and can play a number of positions. He always gives it all and will run through a brick wall for the team, but he is not good enough to be starting in your first team.

De Jong is just a very limited player and despite some decent performances for you at the run in to last season, his heart does not seem to be in it. He passes to the ball too slowly and cannot take control of the midfield. He can only really function in a 4-3-3 and even then he does not have the passing ability of Busquets. I think it's best to cash in on him and replace him with some one for the first team

Milner is just not very good. Yes he works hard and can strike the ball well, but he has a poor first touch, cannot beat the man and is not really a big game player. He is not good enough on the wing and is even worse in midfield. This is an example of the board screwing up Mancini's goal. Similar to Shevchenko being bought at Chelsea. The management wasted 25 million on a player that does not fit the system or the style of play. Mancini has built a team comfortable on the ball and capable of playing quick passing.

Kolorov is too slow and has poor position. I thought he would adjust to the league, but does not seem he ever will. Still he is a good second choice left back and if he is prepared to accept this worth keeping.

Kolo actually still has good pace, but his composure on the ball is poor as is his position. Most of the Arsenal fans I know were laughing when he City bought him since he was way past it. Not even good enough for back up.

You must bring in players to replace these guys or else you will be disappointed with this season.

I don't get the stick that Balotelli and Dzeko are getting. Your midfield was very poor and did not get the ball quickly to the strikers. Balotelli was not sharp, but if I understand right he missed most of your pre season only playing one game. So it is going to take him some time to get up to scratch. He actually worked hard in the first half and made several good runs, but your midfield was too slow to pick him out. Was not a good performance, but nothing to worry about.

Dzeko came on and did better than Balotelli, but this was in part due to Silva helping the team gel better. He linked up well with the other players and had a good chance. What's this about RVP would have scored that chance. Yes RVP may have scored it, but he missed a lot of chances for Arsenal. NO striker is perfect and Dzeko is more than good enough for fourth/third choice striker. It seems people are quick to forget the goal he scored against QPR or the one against Southampton just last week.

Nasri had a poor game and could not get into it like he sometimes does. This is why you need quality replacements for a situation like this.

As for Mancini he played the 3-5-2, because you don't have the depth of the enough players capable of playing a 4-4-2 with a depleted squad. Silva had a poor game and deserved to be dropped/rested. Milner just not good enough to replace him. Lescott not great, but with him out there was no way you could trust Kolo in a back 4 at Anfield or Savic. In midifield De Jong too limited and therefore the best way to to win the midfield battle was to play 3 there, but it failed. The board need to take note of what Mourinho did at Chelsea. Building a strong team of players all capable of playing the same style. This team lasted 8 years. Or the way Roman has done the same again now at Chelsea with a team that is complete for another 8 years or so.

Having said that, though it was a very poor performance it was actually a good result. Anfield is a tough place for anyone to go to and I doubt many of your rivals will take points there. Allen looked decent and Sterling looks a good prospect. With Coates, Agger and Srktel the defence is solid. Luiz Enrique and Johnson are good enough. Suarez is a horrible bloke, but a talented player and a thorn in the side of any defence. If they can get a regular goal scorer then I see them coming 6th or 5th.

2-2 away at Anfield is good enough for me, now get back in your box

Supercrystal7.
Very close to my exact sentiments.
Carrying a few average players.
Never rated Milner the wonder horse,
Still 3/4 players short of world class team.
I don't think mancini see's the bigger picture.

Anyone really expect to go into Anfield and batter them? Drew them last year and it all worked out in the end

dxbroy said:
supercrystal7 said:

2-2 away at Anfield is good enough for me, now get back in your box

I never said it was a poor result. I actually said it was a good result, but that does not change that it was a poor performance. The two are not mutually exclusive. For example you played well against Sunderland away and did not deserve to lose. These things happen in football. Yes Liverpool scored from a poor refereeing decision on the free kick, but it was a great free kick. They probably should have had a penalty for the foul on Johnson by Kolorov and Carroll should have scored.

That said you almost snuck the win and though it is cliche it is true, that is the mark of champions. Tevez was very good.

lastmanback said:
Supercrystal7.
Very close to my exact sentiments.
Carrying a few average players.
Never rated Milner the wonder horse,
Still 3/4 players short of world class team.
I don't think mancini see's the bigger picture.

I think Mancini very much sees the bigger picture but unfortunately for him, hes' been hamstrung somewhat by a terrible decision to let Hughes spunk vast amounts of money on shite. I would love to see where our squad is now had ADUG just gotten rid when they took over - unfortunately we will never know :(

I am sorry but i don't buy this we are 3/4/5 players world class players away.

Every fucking team bar Madrid and Barca are if you judge their teams on paper and look at certain games.

I think our squad is ok as is. Yes we need some reinforcements but only because we have lost a few players so require squad players.
You can't expect to keep buying world class players and not having anyone who will accept a squad role.

We were very bad today and missing 3 key players and Liverpool played at their very maximum with everyone bar Agger and we still managed a draw.

Heaven forbid this forum if we had lost.

YankeeBlue said:
Anyone really expect to go into Anfield and batter them? Drew them last year and it all worked out in the end

Reality mate, I'm amazed at some of the posts on here, two games in and we've already got 'Mancini out' posts

MCFC BOB said:
Hart - 6

Kolo Toure - 4
Kompany - 6
Zabaleta - 6

Milner - 5
Kolarov - 6
Yaya - 7
Nasri - 5
de Jong - 6

Tevez - 8
How does Kolarov get a 6?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.