Liverpool V City post match discussion.

The ONLY problem with our team is that when the chips are down, or we are under the cosh late in the game, our midfield goes AWOL, especially when Yaya has been pushed forward into an advanced MF position. He seems to think that he is the new centre forward and can stroll back. When we brought on Silva, that meant we had FOUR players on the front line, leaving us exposed in midfield and overrun at times.

Also, not sure this was the best game to play a back 3, even though Milner and Kolarov did a half way decent job of getting back into a Back 5 when under pressure. Sometimes, we need to play 4-5-1 OR a 3-5-2 that collapses into a 5-4-1. I know the experiment is fairly new, but it was the ONLY SERIOUS WEAKNESS I saw in the game.

We played well for spells in the game, and it was played at a breakneck pace, but we were overrun in midfield for most of the game.

If Edin would have put that chance away on 86 the tone would be completely different, Liverpool never gave us time to settle this is going to happen a lot this season, any side in England would have been up against it yesterday with their new manager new players, I thought we did excellent we took everything they could throw at us and still nearly won.

argyle said:
Who is being a drama queen? Everyone has told it right - we played crap, possibly the worst in a good while, and we still won. Well taken by Tevez...
Just spotted this in one of the early pages. Presumably somebody comments on it later. Did we really win? Maybe it just felt like it after twice going behind. We missed Clichy, that's for sure.

Completely off the boil for the large parts of our first 2 games yet we still sit there with 4 points.

Reading some of the crap on here, you would think we are sat bottom with fuck all.

Disjointed pre-season and having to cope with a fair few injuries has not helped.

Whether we strengthen or not, we are still going to be the team to beat imo.

Did some people on here watch a different match????

We dominated up to their goal which was against the run of play, they had 1 shot on target first half.
We got level then they scored their 2nd shot on target - good goal which you can do nothing about. Game was then a little too end to end for my liking but we were behind and forced the mistake to get a point.
I don't think we played poorly, it was an exciting game with good passing the majority of the time.

Brendan110_0 said:
Did some people on here watch a different match????

We dominated up to their goal which was against the run of play, they had 1 shot on target first half.
We got level then they scored their 2nd shot on target - good goal which you can do nothing about. Game was then a little too end to end for my liking but we were behind and forced the mistake to get a point which we didn't get last season.
I don't think we played poorly, it was an exciting game with good passing the majority of the time.

We had a shocking passing game mate which meant we failed to control the game as we normally do.

By our high standards, we played poorly yet we still got a point against a side that was more than up for the occasion.

Many of our players are still not 100% and we have a fair few injuries, yet we sit with 4 points, unbeaten :-)

Surprised no one has picked up on Coates holding Kolo for the dippers first goal ,blatant and gave nosferatu the room for the header.

Dippers 2nd goal was a free kick that shouldnt have been..

pundits and press calling us lucky...

I call it unlucky.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.