Liverpool V City post match discussion.

cleavers said:
I was a bit suprised at the team changes personally, why no Clichy ? why Lescott on the bench ? Why no Silva ? Its not as if we need to rotate ahead of a european game at this stage of the season.
I was too. A lot of players missing so I thought we'd go back to what we know.

I think Silva's game was below par at home to Southampton (he has barely played in pre-season) so Mancini took him out. And I heard Clichy did not play because his partner is having a baby. All in all missed Richards, Clichy, Lescott, Barry, Silva and Aguero from our starting line up, and still got a result. Says a lot about the strength of our squad yet mancini still wants to buy. Can he find better than what we have who are available?

Only Thiago Silva, and martinez look like they were and are available and they are ridiculously expensive. Alba would have been good too, but he was ear-marked for Barca

for me when we have to contend with the loss of aguero and Barry, we dont then weaken our team further by picking kolo and kolorov in the starting 11. call be old fashioned but do you not pick your best 11 whenever possible? its the premier league ffs not the carling cup.

bob dropped one simple as.

de niro said:
for me when we have to contend with the loss of aguero and Barry, we dont then weaken our team further by picking kolo and kolorov in the starting 11. call be old fashioned but do you not pick your best 11 whenever possible? its the premier league ffs not the carling cup.

Or he was making a point about squad depth to someone? Thought Rodwell did really well when he came on, and Silva looked more like his old self, which is encouraging. Dzeko did quite well too, but he should have buried the chance he was presented with. I'm happy with a point tbh, could have been worse.

hgblue said:
de niro said:

Or he was making a point about squad depth to someone? Thought Rodwell did really well when he came on, and Silva looked more like his old self, which is encouraging. Dzeko did quite well too, but he should have buried the chance he was presented with. I'm happy with a point tbh, could have been worse.

i felt he was trying to show marwood up too but it was anfield, you dont fuck about there.
he should do his squabbling at carrington, not risk premiership points.

Anyone who went who sat in block 124, did you hear some man shout Chelsea top of the league? He was sat infront of me, noticed he had a cockney accent but didn't think anything of it. When me and mate were walking out of the exit, he kept shouting things about Chelsea and everyone was just like wtf :/.

Good point aswell im my opinion.

de niro said:
hgblue said:
de niro said:

i felt he was trying to show marwood up too but it was anfield, you dont fuck about there.
he should do his squabbling at carrington, not risk premiership points.

Bloody hell.Just because your a mod doesn't give you the authority to be "negative" or "criticise2 anything about our great club!!

Ask DANIELMANC.

de niro said:

Look at the last 7 games! Bob picked his best 11 and the rest is history.

I'd settle for mild rotation at home and in the cups, but away from home in the prem the best 11 is a must.

It is always a case of extremes these days, due to the very nature of the hyperbole that exists around the Premier League, especially early on, when everyone expects teams to hit the ground running.

There's a rush to panic because of rare precedents, set by Mourinho teams which raised the bar, ourselves, last season.

However, if last season taught us anything, and we should thank United for this, they are still the benchmark in terms of rolling with the punches, staying the course.

Yesterday, was a carbon copy of last season at Anfield. Decent passing or so for the opening 20 minutes and then the home side engaging us much higher up the field.

It's a measure of how far we have come, and how far Liverpool have dropped, they are talking in such glowing terms of Liverpool, their best efforts and all, and what I considered our most disjointed performance in a good while.

Factor in a 3-5-2 system change which can never really work without Clichy involved, still feeling the gears, optimum fitness, it was a get-out-of-jail-free result.

More encouraging for me, more than anything else, was how Silva and Dzeko impacted the game.

Dzeko stayed much more central, allowing Tevez to buzz around him, instead of running off down blind alleys.

And Silva, much more like it, keeping the ball until he was ready, instead of passing the buck, or attempting the killer pass every time.

Rodwell also looks like a player who is attempting to step up to the mark and showed great intelligence and awareness to cover the line from Carroll's late header.

Hopefully, Bobby will recognise that while 3-5-2 seems to be the increasing trend in international football, the pace in this league is not suited to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.