Liverpool V City post match discussion.

Liverpool are a real handfull when they play like that. I was pleased we kept looking for the winner and showed some bottle to get a draw but Liverpool will only put in 3 or 4 performances like that at Anfield this season.

Ian shithole on BBC Breakfast at 8.30 has just reported that City got a point they barely deserved, thanks to a mistake by Nosferatu.
Again, we should have been out of sight before they scored. No way should they have had that f'kin free kick. We defended the corner badly, so I'll give 'em that one. We had 52% of posession, so, quite how that makes us lucky, I'm not sure.
Liverpool got a point thanks effectively to 2 route 1 goals, and I saw no change in their style of play. After 20/25 mins, it was up and at 'em stuff from Liverpool, which is what they've been doing for years and years when they are at their best at home.
They look better than last season, and when they have Agger and Sarin in the team, they'll be stronger still, so, getting a point there yesterday is going to look like a decent point come the end of the season.
Can't believe the doom mongers have been out when we are still rusty, and the squad is a work in progress - at least until Friday.

Mancini picked up on the free-kick as well in his post-match comments. You can clearly see in slow-motion that it was not a free-kick but the ref has a difficult job. We were unlucky with that.

The point I came on here to make was that we are a lot harsher on our team than the media and general football fans. Read Bluemoon Match Discussion and you will find it extremely hostile, and likewise much of the post-match discussion. Yet the papers and radio 5 etc say it was a very good game.

We can play a lot better, and will. Many of the players who played are not first choice players, and we used a new system.

The other thing I noted was the band above Dzeko's knee which is an indicator of tendonitis. he has not played much in pre-season, and I think we now know why

the blue panther said:
Ian shithole on BBC Breakfast at 8.30 has just reported that City got a point they barely deserved, thanks to a mistake by Nosferatu.
Again, we should have been out of sight before they scored. No way should they have had that f'kin free kick. We defended the corner badly, so I'll give 'em that one. We had 52% of posession, so, quite how that makes us lucky, I'm not sure.
Liverpool got a point thanks effectively to 2 route 1 goals, and I saw no change in their style of play. After 20/25 mins, it was up and at 'em stuff from Liverpool, which is what they've been doing for years and years when they are at their best at home.
They look better than last season, and when they have Agger and Sarin in the team, they'll be stronger still, so, getting a point there yesterday is going to look like a decent point come the end of the season.
Can't believe the doom mongers have been out when we are still rusty, and the squad is a work in progress - at leats until Friday.

Liverpool 2 set piece goals.
City 2 open play goals.

Im happy with that.

cleavers said:
I was a bit suprised at the team changes personally, why no Clichy ? why Lescott on the bench ? Why no Silva ? Its not as if we need to rotate ahead of a european game at this stage of the season.

Clichy-Wife has just dropped
Lescott-apparently had a knock (well according to sky so believe what you like)
Silva - perhaps because he had a poor game against Saints.

cleavers said:
I was a bit suprised at the team changes personally, why no Clichy ? why Lescott on the bench ? Why no Silva ? Its not as if we need to rotate ahead of a european game at this stage of the season.
Because clichy wife just had a baby
Lescott wasnt 100% fit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.