Liverpool V City post match discussion.

ive been away so didnt see the chelsea or southampton game,however we looked really disjointed compared to last season,we missed micahs runs,we missed barrys reading of the game and we missed clicheys runs,not to mention kun,considering the players out and another dreadful handball decision we battled as champions should,so 10/10 for spirit,imo if they hadnt been given that freekick we looked like we could of gone on to win,please with the result in the end.

thought rodwell looked comfy,hows he looked in previous matches ?

Completely wrong starting line-up IMO. Should have started with Lescott, Dzeko, and Clichy (though it's understandable why he didn't play). Silva played well for the 20 or so minutes he was on.

Tevez worked as hard as ever. Nasri should have stayed on because even though he was anonymous taking him off sapped us of all creativity. Dzeko seems in good form (though he should work on his finishing). Balotelli should have never gotten the start. Yaya is still our savior as usual.

EDIT: and never a foul by Rodwell.

Usually we have Nasri, Silva, Tevez, and Aguero up top. Today we only had Nasri and Tevez for the quick passing, possession style. Liverpool quickly figured out that if they deny Nasri the ball our offense would struggle.

Not sure if the formation really did us any favors today as it left our midfield weak, and then when we did get it to the top 3 our wingbacks weren't getting involved enough. It's easy to say in hindsight I guess, but I wish we would've kept the same team as last match (minus Aguero of course).

adrianr said:
Just want to know why we've gone from having the best defence in the league to something resembling a Swiss cheese. And that's WITH Kompany!

True.

One thing today. We conceded one goal, the other was from a horrendous handball decision. Milner and Kolarov played as wingbacks, preferably we want Micah and Clichy.

delighted with the point, they gifted us that point tbh and i hope people here realize yaya in central midfield against good opposition will make the team vulnarable. 2 strikers, yaya and silva and 2 defensive midfielders is the way to go

Sunny Coast Blue said:
Dzeko getting there, in position anyway, and good pressure for carlos goal. Mario doesnt want it period

Agree with this. Dzeko keeps getting us out of holes and we should keep him. One name of the team sheet I don't like to see is Kolo. Sorry, but he isn't good enough for this team. He makes me nervous.

SebastianBlue said:
adrianr said:
Just want to know why we've gone from having the best defence in the league to something resembling a Swiss cheese. And that's WITH Kompany!

That is primarily because Kompany has not played well these last two matches (I think he may be carrying a knock).

Agreed. Just shouts again why we need a centre half at his level. If he isn't on his game we leak goals. I don't care how good anyone thinks Lescott is, or any of our current defenders, when you take Kompany out, or if he plays shit, we look shit. We need someone who can step up.

I really hate the abuse Kolarov gets on here, but after today I hope he never plays a big game for us again.... shocking

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.