Liverpool V City post match discussion.

A point at Anfield used to make it a good season ha ha.

I think Rodgers got tactics right today by having 3 pressing us at the back which meant NDJ and YaYa had to drop back, which meant scousers had good possession in the middle and the crowd got behind them.
Perhaps if we had played with 4 at back it may have been different but fair play to Mancini he changed it and pushed YaYa on and got the goal back and encouraged us to put the pressure on them. All in all a decent result, as has already been said we cannot win every week.

adrianr said:
Just want to know why we've gone from having the best defence in the league to something resembling a Swiss cheese. And that's WITH Kompany!

That is primarily because Kompany has not played well these last two matches (I think he may be carrying a knock).

Disappointed with their 2nd goal.....wasn't a free kick.

Also there are some downright pussies in the matchday thread. Some ppl need to harden the fuck up.

1 points better than 0 so i'll take it considering that 90 mins

In all honesty I'd have taken a point before kick off.

Liverpool's first competitive home game under Rodgers so you knew they would be up for it, the crowd would be intimidating as per usual at Anfield it was the first time we were playing 3 at the back in the league (let alone away from home).

Poor performance for the most part it has to be said, they were gifted there second goal and we were gifted ours.

We still had chances to win it at the end, so a point away at arguably one of the toughest fixtures in the league will do me. Every point counts, just look at the Sunderland game last season.

Very good point to earn.
Liverpool will not play that well or with that effort again this season so for us to be 2nd best for large parts of the game and still come back twice to earn a point bodes well.

Wish refs would learn the rules though. Thier 2nd goal was a joke of a decision, 2nd time in 2 seasons we have been done by such errors. Ball deflects to hand is not handball. And thought Skirtell could have easily gone in the 1st half when Balo turned him and was pulled down.

Saying that, thought Saurez was excellent for them today and people underestimate Pool here, they are an excellent passing team who exploit the width and very hard to play against. If they had 1 more top notch striker who could score, they would end up alot higher in the league.

Some of our players were below par, our set pieces poor with corners hitting the 1st man, but very happy with a point

Danielmanc said:
All the drama queens will need to understand this:

WE WILL NOT WIN EVERY MATCH !

Good point won - same point at Klanfield as last season - when we won the league !

yes but with our squad we should expect to win every match

Didnt deserve that, happy with the point.
We was awful today, we should be beating that liverpool side but it seemed we were very laid back

danburge82 said:
andrewmswift said:
danburge82 said:
How the hell can he see the deflection off his leg when the ball is smashed that hard and Rodwell is flying through the air? That will be a given as hand ball by every ref, every time.

so the referee should always give the wrong decision? some fuckin standard that is
Until a video ref is brought in, yes, unfortunately, that's what will happen. It's wrong, it's shit, it's what happens when a ref sees things once, at one speed, from one angle, at pitch level and has to make a decision there and then.

I can't fathom how people can't see that refs don't see the replays!

i bet your a ref for an under 8's league arn't you. jesus christ

Cheadle Blue said:
danburge82 said:
andrewmswift said:
no shit. if that free kick isn't given (and therefore the bogus goal) we go on to win 1-3. they were on the ropes. FUCK YOU MARINER, that's two points now the refs have cost us
At full speed, without seeing any replays, did you know it had hit his leg first? People like this make me laugh. That will be a free kick every time as refs don't see the replays...I'll say it again REFS DON'T SEE THE REPLAYS!

at full speed i didn't think it hit his arm at all, so whats your point?
You weren't the ref though, so what you saw means fuck all! Unfortunate as that is!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.