Liverpool v City - post match thread

We will easily finish in the top 4. I'm extremely confident of that.

We'll win our next 2 games, the sides around us will drop points and we'll open up a gap with a game in hand. Add to the fact we've got KDB to come back from injury then I just cannot see us dropping out of the top 4. In fact, we will probably end up the first team in history to finish in the top 4 and not win a game against a top 8 side all season.

I think if we can scrape into the top 3 and finish there then this season will have to be considered as decent overall. It would be hard to criticise the manager who has delivered us CL football and a domestic trophy.

That said, will we really be able to look back at Pellegrini's reign and consider him a success?

On one hand, 3 trophies in 3 seasons is a very good record. However, when you look at it from another angle, one League Cup in his two last seasons and not even a title challenge. That combined with the squad we have and the investment last summer, then I think it would be difficult to say he has been a manager who has took us to the next level.

32 points from the last 22 games.

11 games left, on current form we finish with 63 points.

I presume everyone's taken a bung to sack the league off this season.

What makes this worse is you know the Champions League will seal shit results either side of any games left in that competition, such is the mindlessly stupid level of importance we're giving it over the league. If we don't give Pep more than a few new faces expect more of the same next season. You cant coach out the shortfalls many of our players have.

Yeah. How many trophies did either of them win tonight for those results? And how many games do they have in hand on us?
Ffs pal on our form they will be past us by weekend. Games in hand mean jack when you're playing as badly as us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.