Liverpool v City - post match thread

Yet again, I found myself baffled by the substitutions. We had a 10 minute just before they scored, when we actually managed to keep the ball for a moment. But other than that, they dominated possession. They completely dominated us in midfield. Silva was playing too far forward, Navas and Sterling were wide and we had Fernandion and Fernando run ragged against 3, 4 or 5 Liverpool players in the middle of the park. It was obvious and I am no bloody expert.

We hardly managed to get the ball to Kun at all. So what do we do? Take off Sterling and Fernandino and replace them with strikers??? I could not believe it to be honest. I was certain the game was lost as soon as he did that, it was just ridiculous and never in a million years going to work. In fact it was the 100% opposite of what we should have done, which was get back control of the middle of the park.

That said, he had the wrong bench lined up as well. A totally inept performance from our manager if you ask me.

One of the over-riding mysteries re this season is that an MCFC starting eleven can perform a few days before pretty much the same starting eleven play like amateurs, and poor amateurs at that. A stronger Liverpool side with the aid of three rebounds were eventually seen off on Sunday, and where our defence pretty much had them under control. Three days later it's Keystone Kops time! It's been a recurring feature of this season.

If the players was tired after Sunday why not play some of the EDS lads ok they got spanked ot Chelsea but only in the 2nd half and they would have tried this lot last night could not get out of a soggy brown paper bag even Joe Hart looked out of sorts and even with if KDB or Nasari back they both are not match fit
They all need to look at themself and take stock so some know the writing is on the wall but don't they feel they have to keep playing there best till the end not only for themself but for the club that give them there chance and the fans who chanted there names sang sons about them and backed them through good and bad

BUT last not was not bad it was a DISASTER in line with the Titanic Leicester's draw looked like a opening to claw back some points but out so called team could not even get out of bed.

Now most on here know I do not rant like this but last night was just total lack of disrespect by the players to the travelling fans and the thousands who watched on tv online or through the radio willing them to win and close the gap.

But what's do b e is done and, we now need to get behind them again for we the fans are the club and three points are a must on Saturday so if any of the club or players read this remember one thing it's us the fans who made you and its US the fans you owe us now let's fin up she this season in the top 4 and show everyone that we are city till we die

We didn't let them play like that.

We were shot, but that's the manager's fault. Klopp changed his team, we didn't and we are the team with the Kiev game in our legs.

This team does not deserve to be in the top 4 after the performances this season, let alone compete for the title.

If we beat Arsenal/Rags and Chelsea away and don't lose again this season I'll say we just about deserve a top 4 finish.

As we stand, actually looking at some of the stats, I can't believe we are still in the top 4. The league being so poor actually makes it worse. That we are stuttering, even with these injuries, is odd to say the least.

What is clear is the tank is empty. We need players back and pronto. After Villa we need to recover, get a few back and finish this season strongly.

It's about top 4 now, well top 3. This squad has to get us over the lind

One of the over-riding mysteries re this season is that an MCFC starting eleven can perform a few days before pretty much the same starting eleven play like amateurs, and poor amateurs at that. A stronger Liverpool side with the aid of three rebounds were eventually seen off on Sunday, and where our defence pretty much had them under control. Three days later it's Keystone Kops time! It's been a recurring feature of this season.
IMO the reason for this is motivation (or more precisely, lack thereof).

Going into a game where silverware is on the line... no one needs the manger to motivate them. "We're going to win that cup FFS no mater what!," or so the players feel.

Going into a league game against a mid table team.. "ho hum. Oh well. We're better than them... guess we'll win." or so the players seem to think.

And this is the crucial thing - Pellers is the master demotivater. No one on the team is inspired by him. It's just a job. Gonna get paid no matter what. No one around me is busting ass. So why should I? And I was just subbed off on a hat trick a few games ago... so F*CK IT!

So for me, it's no mystery at all why we were run off the field by a totally inferior Liverpool side.

Last edited:
Last night was another example of immature game management. When playing Klopp's high-speed pressing, and others have caught us out with the same tactic this season, we need to slow the game down rather than fight fire with fire, especially when there is so little in the tank. You get tackled, you go down and stay down until the game is stopped, therby preventing Liverpool from building momentum. You keep doing it until the referee feels forced to intervene and the opposition becomes frustrated The players, and manager, need to be a bit more savvy and wisen up; We may hvae topped the group, but we appear to have learned nothing from our two defeats against Juventus.

We also need to play more as a unit. Last night, the two central defenders, and goalkeeper, dropped too deep, meaning the space between them and the two Fs was greater than it had been on Sunday,which in turn meant Liverpool had more space in which to operate, and Kompany and Otamendi had too far to go to risk closing down the floating player. Whether they dropped because of the wind, or for fear of being outpaced over the top, I don't know, but if one drops five yards, the whole lot need to follow suit.

IMO the reason for this is motivation.

Going into a game where silverware is on the line... no one needs the manger to motivate them. "We're going to win that cup FFS no mater what!," or so the players feel.

Going into a league game against a mid table team.. "ho hum. Oh well. We're better than them... guess we'll win." or so the players seem to think.

And this is the crucial thing - Pellers is the master demotivater. No one on the team is inspired by him. It's just a job. Gonna get paid no matter what. No one around me is busting asss. So why should I?

So for me, it's no mystery at all why we were run off the field by a totally inferior Liverpool side.

But if we played just an ordinary, even partly demotivated, match we should be getting a better performance than some of them we've seen. The performance in the second half at Spurs after their offside equaliser demonstrated the lack of effort and motivation and the determination vanished like water running through a colander. We do not seem to have the heart to go head to head with teams and seem to rely on innate and historic quality. Footballers need to get their hands dirty sometimes and we seem to favour the perfect execution. Just look at the number of touches some of our players are taking before attempting a shot.

I also think that the kind of goal that was conceded when a useless lump like Lallana can poke in one like that. Thirty minutes of resolute defending and it goes to shit. It then spreads like wildfire through the rest of the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.