Liverpool v City - post match thread

They have extended highlights on www.mcfc.co.uk LOL
Someone is clearly taking the piss!
Fuck that,the only highlight I found was the amusing sight of when the third went in the camera panned to pellegrini a few mins later who looked like someone from the living dead and seemed to be rocking back and forth a bit like the header who is the manager of cska Moscow I think..

I'm new to the Blue Moon forum guys , I'm a Liverpool supporter but not a bindipper please, I intend to be respectful on the forum .
Firstly let me state that I have always enjoyed watching City play , going back to the sixties, Bell, Summerbee, Book, and all the other great players who have played for the club, I admired Joe Mercer and big Malcolm. I have the utmost respect for Pell both as a manager and a man .
Your club now is amongst the elite of world football and I think they will dominate European football for years to come .
I was at Anfield last night and obviously enjoyed the game .
I look forward to some good debate and some good natured banter on the forum , good to be here .

Don't believe you, mate. You overplayed that post with the highlighted bit. Pretty sure you'll expose yourself in due time.

However, if I'm wrong about you, then my apologies. I'll have to keep an eye out.

Woeful display. I feel like I've just gone back 30 years into the past. Played scousers in the league twice goals for 1 goals against 7. It makes them look like champions and us relegation fodder!

This games against the top 8 stat is horrendous. Not only is it 3 points in 33, it's 8 goals scored and 24 conceded.

It's bizarre that 3 days earlier he saw the way to do it but then....didn't although Hart was as much to blame for me. Our midfield is poor and not strengthening it was a big mistake. Delph has proved to be another sick note too.
Actually, Liverpool played completely different tactics in PL compared to the cup.

With Sturridge up front Liverpool play with more of a 4-2-3-1 with the striker not really engaging in the press that much. Most of the time we fall back into a high block defense and wait for press triggers. The players behind the striker often act pretty wide together with the fullbacks.

With Origi it becomes more of a 4-3-3 with an extremely narrow front three. The point here is to attack with the front three and Milner, and push the rest of the team close around the area we attack. When the ball is lost all players has to make max runs, close in on the ball and press the shit out of the opponents.

The way to play out of the press is to switch sides och play long. But city walked straight into the trap. Instead of playing the ball out of the crowded area, they sent one of their DM:s into the hot spot to help out... leaving oceans of space for the Liverpool players to walk into when/if they won the ball. And nobody covered that space in front of the CB:s. Lallana had space in the most dangerous area all night long.

Shocking really. City has a much better team, we should not be allowed to look this good.

Don't believe you, mate. You overplayed that post with the highlighted bit. Pretty sure you'll expose yourself in due time.

However, if I'm wrong about you, then my apologies. I'll have to keep an eye out.
He is way too obvious but it passes the time i guess lol

Well if they were tired poor things they could save some energy by not bothering to take anymore throw ins because all they have done since Mancini times is give the ball straight to whoever we play. I've been bouncing about it for years but nothing has changed

Well if they were tired poor things they could save some energy by not bothering to take anymore throw ins because all they have done since Mancini times is give the ball straight to whoever we play. I've been bouncing about it for years but nothing has changed
This problem was also highlighted a while back by @Blue Llama after the Leicester game -
"Anyone else notice how most of Leicester's goal kicks went out? Looked to me like a tactical move. Hoof it up to a marked Vardy and give away possession or kick it out, give City a throw in and hassle them out of it everytime. Now thats a manager who thinks about a game and uses the oppositions weaknesses."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.