Liverpool v City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Train said:
Should be an interesting game. Playing clichy at RB just doesn't fill me with any sorts of confidence, and neither does pairing Dzeko and Negredo together.

Hopefully Milner gets the nod and Jovetic gets over whatever it is he's battling.

Agree, Clichy looked a nervous wreck in that position today, and Dzeko and Negredo were counter-acting each other to a certain extent. If jovetic still isn't available I'd go one striker with Silva as the number 10. Milner at RB. Milner will provide attacking options from that position too, unlike Clichy, who always seems reluctant to go forward.

K-Bo said:
Train said:
Should be an interesting game. Playing clichy at RB just doesn't fill me with any sorts of confidence, and neither does pairing Dzeko and Negredo together.

Hopefully Milner gets the nod and Jovetic gets over whatever it is he's battling.

Agree, Clichy looked a nervous wreck in that position today, and Dzeko and Negredo were counter-acting each other to a certain extent. If jovetic still isn't available I'd go one striker with Silva as the number 10. Milner at RB. Milner will provide attacking options from that position too, unlike Clichy, who always seems reluctant to go forward.

We will concede goals against Liverpool unless we find a better right back solution. I'd be happier with Milner than one of the left backs.
Against Fulham, you could see the problems as soon as the team sheet came out. As one footed as Clichy is he can never get forward effectively which makes his defensive job more difficult.
Negredo and Dzeko together hasn't really worked and won't ..... we should have had the extra man in midfield.

It could be a high scoring win against Liverpool!

There is the thing on bluemoon, where people get some weird opinion in their head, and no matter what the facts say, they see what is in their head anyway.

1. Negredo and Dzeko doesn't work. This whether true or not ( will require more games together to determine). But based on the 50 minutes together today, it is hilarious to read folks over and over conclude that today's 50 minutes should be added to the ( it doesn't work column.) I mean talk about ignoring the facts! We created 7 chances in the first 30 minutes that involved either dzeko or Negredo. They didn't run into each other, or similar spaces. One went front post and the othe back post on almost every Kolarov cross. On the power of today's evidence, I'd suggest that row swung towards "Yes , they can absolutely play together, and be devastating". That Negredo was quiet early could be more a function of his tendency to be less effective on the road than the patnership.

2. When we sell Kolarov: again another one of those silly, I used to hold this position, so I wouldn't change view. Frankly Kolarov had been our best left back this season, and if one were to leave, it's more likely it will be Clichy before Kolarov.

Edin isn't as good as the beast. He doesn't hold the ball up anywhere near as well and yesterday
missed
chance after chance. As per usual he drifted out of the game and was rightly removed. Over 50 goals have been scored in the league and under 50% have been scored by our two main forwards. It is our team ethic which allows this, something Edin really struggles with and why he will ultimately be sold.<br /><br />-- Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:32 am --<br /><br />Edin isn't as good as the beast. He doesn't hold the ball up anywhere near as well and yesterday
missed
chance after chance. As per usual he drifted out of the game and was rightly removed. Over 50 goals have been scored in the league and under 50% have been scored by our two main forwards. It is our team ethic which allows this, something Edin really struggles with and why he will ultimately be sold.

I hope the ref gives the clear penalty that Skirtl being the biggest culprit will concede from any set piece or corner.

The ref against Cardiff had full view of one of their players being wrestled to the ground by one half back and anotherr having the shirt pulled for more than

8 seconds from a Cardiff corner not long after they had scored and turned a blind eye to both

Given the so called home big team bias this would be a certain penalty for us.

Clear penalties like this must be given to help stamp this ugly practice out of the game like Rag men diving.

Gonna be a tough game as Rodgers has them playing some good stuff and Suarez is some player, we'll obviously concede but i fancy us to nick it 3-2.

I have to give Liverpool some credit (reluctantly).
They are winning all the games they are expected to win easily, something they haven't done in the past 3-4 years and are still very hard to beat for the top teams, like they've always been.
I know Spurs are going through a tough time, but Liverpools performance at White hart lane last week was as good a premier league performance as I've seen from anyone this season.
Its obvious Suarez is everything to them and if we stop him, we'll win the game, but he is on fire, he is scoring all types of goals at the moment. But the rest of their team is performing well. The 3 in midfield work hard for 90 minutes, closing down and pressing the opposition constantly, often high up the pitch too allowing them to break really quick.
Tough game to call for me.

I'd go with the following line up however......

....................................................Hart

Milner.....................Kompany............Demichelis.....................Clichy

...................................Toure...............Fernandinho

Navas........................................Silva........................................Nasri

..............................................Negredo

Possession is key. Cut suarez supply chain! High workrate and close down quickly when we dont have possession. Do this and imo we will win. Yaya will need to put in a shift! as its a big game he will probably be interested in this one!

Should be a goog game of football. We will need to be up for it and at our best and if we are I think we have a bit too much for Liverpool. Mancini always paid them too much respect for me. Hopefully Pellers won't. Get at em early doors and stay on top of them. Do not let them establish any kind of foothold because they can be dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.