Liverpool v City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[*]
Dax777 said:
There is the thing on bluemoon, where people get some weird opinion in their head, and no matter what the facts say, they see what is in their head anyway.

1. Negredo and Dzeko doesn't work. This whether true or not ( will require more games together to determine). But based on the 50 minutes together today, it is hilarious to read folks over and over conclude that today's 50 minutes should be added to the ( it doesn't work column.) I mean talk about ignoring the facts! We created 7 chances in the first 30 minutes that involved either dzeko or Negredo. They didn't run into each other, or similar spaces. One went front post and the othe back post on almost every Kolarov cross. On the power of today's evidence, I'd suggest that row swung towards "Yes , they can absolutely play together, and be devastating". That Negredo was quiet early could be more a function of his tendency to be less effective on the road than the patnership.

2. When we sell Kolarov: again another one of those silly, I used to hold this position, so I wouldn't change view. Frankly Kolarov had been our best left back this season, and if one were to leave, it's more likely it will be Clichy before Kolarov.

1. I think people see 2 big forwards and assume they can't work well. With aguero it's the traditional big guy small guy combo so it's acceptable. But I agree there doesn't seem to be overwhelming evidence Dzeko and negredo can't work. I am certainly hoping to see this at home where we are usually more secure. Negredo is pretty mobile and technical, he can drop deep to act as an extra midfielder. Dzeko has been getting into good scoring positions and has been scoring regularly in the cup games he started. I am confident he will score more sooner than later in league matches. He scored important goals for us last year lest we forgot.

2. Kolarov had indicated before, or was it his agent recently, that he wants to start more games. I am hoping he can stay as a squad player but I don't think he is content with that. Plus clichy is homegrown so even though his form is shaky this season, I doubt the club will sell. But honestly I never get the praise about him. He is just above average in his good seasons with us anyway and doesn't get forward as much as kolarov

gmckennasell said:
i can understand liverpool fans getting giddy , they are top of the league , but if they really think we fear them , they are emulating rags,spuds and arse fans , and we put 16 goals past that lot. The game will be won in midfield , MP will play 5 in the middle because dzeko and the beast are similiar players. So their midfield is LUCAS , MOUTINHO , HENDERSON , ALLEN , STERLING our midfield will be NAVAS , SILVA , YAYA , DINHO , NASRI , perhaps its the bindippers who should be concerned.

Er..I think you meant Coutinho..for a moment there I thought Liverpool bought a new player ;)

Looking for your opinion on something guys, how good is Fernandinho?

I haven't heard much about him yet, but he seems to be starting almost every game for you guys... is he on par with yaya? Is he as strong and powerful as yaya? And more importantly was he worth the £30million?

Cheers!

Our players are so good that we could probably play Kolarov at centre forward and Silva at centre half and still win 5-2.

But we will have some tough games in the second half of the season. Games where we cant afford to just play "you score two, we'll score four" so its important to get the formation right. If we're forced to play full backs in their wrong position then we need to play wide players in front of them who can give them support.

And I don't think we need to play Dzeko and Negredo together half a dozen times before realising that they're not suited to playing together

LFC-Fans said:

I haven't heard much about him yet, but he seems to be starting almost every game for you guys... is he on par with yaya? Is he as strong and powerful as yaya? And more importantly was he worth the £30million?

Cheers!

A month ago a lot of fans would have taken Barry back and couldn't see what improvement fernandinho had made. After the last 5-10 games he is now showing how good he is and has certainly own over any doubters (hopefully)
Win the league or a trophy = worth every penny!

LFC-Fans said:

Cheers!

He's probably been our most important signing, and absolutely worth every penny.

No-one is as powerful as Yaya, but although not physically big he is a very strong player and a fantastic athlete. He complements the big man perfectly and the fact that the 2 of them in the middle are dominating teams that play 3 there says it all.

LFC-Fans said:

Cheers!

Fast becoming a fan's favourite, and when we've got the likes of Silva, Yaya, Aguero and Kompany to choose from, that should tell you everything!

Not as strong and powerful as Yaya, but a complete athlete with an excellent reading of the game, offers the back four some protection and now starting to add goals to his game.

Put it this way, marginally better than Allen and Lucas!!!!!

LFC-Fans said:

Cheers!

How bad isn't Fernandinho, is a better question. And the answer is completely.

LFC-Fans said:

Cheers!
Different kind of player than Yaya. Works hard all the time breaking up opposition in front of the back four. Also has some Brazilian flare higher up on the pitch. He's the piston of the engine, the bass player in the band if you get my drift. One of the the 3-4 most important players we have I would say, definitely worth whatever we paid for him.

absolute must win with this one we have to turn the screw on both arsenal and liverpool, trouble is i'd take the draw now i was worried over the arsenal game and it proved me wrong i'm even more worried over this game i just think we will hit a big game and concede a couple of early goals putting us beyond recovery we have to tighten up the at the back for this or suarez will have a party, millner has to go in at right back if zab is still out,its going to be a crazy game but can we score more than we will concede i'm going 5-4 fingers crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.