Liverpool v City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be a difficult game, but you have to fancy us at home against anyone and Liverpool have come up in short in their two most challenging away games so far at United and Arsenal.

Be interesting to see if we go with two up front, or start with Navas in a 4-2-3-1. I'd prefer to see the latter, but I suspect Pellegrini will stick with the tried and tested formation at home.

n_mcfc said:
Liverpool have become AIDS this year. Fuck me they're annoying.

It's not Liverpool Football Club. It's just Liverpool.
It's not 'Brendan's philosophy', it's tactics.

They remind me of a religious cult down Anfield. Seriously. They worship players. Quite literally.

Those fucking banners, those hymns, poems, former players on every fucking channel bigging up bang average players. Seriously. BANG average players are compared to the League's best purely because they play for Liverpool. Fuck, they even get the England squad. There's that many ex Liverpool players in the media telling us how good Glen fucking Johnson and Martin fucking Skrtel are that the conformist majority of football fans start believing it! Come on! Waxing lyrical over a buck toothed racist who wanted to leave the club 5 months ago? Everything. Just everything about that club grinds on me.

Without saying too much, I'm of a certain age whereby I just don't get Liverpool. I don't get 'it'.

Successful clubs have bigger fan bases and a glorious history. But these lot. What the fuck happened to make them so unbearable, and why do we have to conform to this aura of utter bullshit that follows the club?

Hope we fucking smash them. 5-0.

Haha. I know what you're saying

Can't wait for Toure v Henderson and Fernandinho v Allen.

If we can keep their midfield pinned back they might start resorting to long balls which I will be chuffed with against Suarez.

Ric said:
It will be a difficult game, but you have to fancy us at home against anyone and Liverpool have come up in short in their two most challenging away games so far at United and Arsenal.

Be interesting to see if we go with two up front, or start with Navas in a 4-2-3-1. I'd prefer to see the latter, but I suspect Pellegrini will stick with the tried and tested formation at home.

It will be a tough game indeed but i believe the mentality of players has a major role to play in games like this and the liverpool players will certainly be daunted in their subconscious by the prospects of playing city at home in light of our displays at the etihad. Suarez will definitely be a player to look out for. Personally I will delegate Kompany to man mark him for this match and keep Dimechelis far .. far away..... from Suarez.

I will also prefer playing Navas (or Milner) to playing two up front as playing with only one striker might allow Nasri to drift in as a central attacking midfielder( his best position) and we could get goals from the likes of Silva, Yaya and Nasri. We pose a bigger threat playing Negredo up front on his own, with the fluid and interchangeable goal scoring midfielders overlapping and supporting him. The second half against Arsenal proves that point.

Either way it will be a daunting task for Liverpool.

n_mcfc said:

They remind me of a religious cult down Anfield. Seriously. They worship players. Quite literally.

Those fucking banners, those hymns, poems, former players on every fucking channel bigging up bang average players. Seriously. BANG average players are compared to the League's best purely because they play for Liverpool. Fuck, they even get the England squad. There's that many ex Liverpool players in the media telling us how good Glen fucking Johnson and Martin fucking Skrtel are that the conformist majority of football fans start believing it! Come on! Waxing lyrical over a buck toothed racist who wanted to leave the club 5 months ago? Everything. Just everything about that club grinds on me.

Without saying too much, I'm of a certain age whereby I just don't get Liverpool. I don't get 'it'.

Successful clubs have bigger fan bases and a glorious history. But these lot. What the fuck happened to make them so unbearable, and why do we have to conform to this aura of utter bullshit that follows the club?

Haha, all of this but make it 7-0.

Just had a glance on rawk & they're expecting a draw or win, feeling our attacking style will make easier to score on the break than when they go to Chelsea on 29th where they expect JM to keep it tight.

Negredo was mustard again today & I'm sure he'll cause them plenty of issues. I just hope we start with him and Edin upfront - playing a midfield 5 would send completely the wrong message.

n_mcfc said:

Ah! When someone makes a sweeping statement. Gotta love it.
1) Are we not allowed banners?
2) What former players have bigged up what players
3) Liverpool fans do not believe Skrtel is a good defender, in fact we don't think Agger is either. We need much much better. I think Toure-Sakho for the City game
4) The Suarez hate. Or in other words "Grrrr I am an angry man, why couldn't we sign him. I mean we have all the money in the world... GRR I am so angry... Grr" Jealousy is NOT a good thing. Besides you have Aguero, he's not half bad either! ;p
5) I don't get what we do that annoys you. I mean, its not like we spent over £200million on players purchasing a whole new XI and bench made up of only 1 English player. And its not like whenever an opposing fan brings up a topic like this we respond with "yawn" or "football is about money nowadays anyway, fact is. Without money there is no success" Is that what you guys say to re-assure yourselves that you did things the right way?

Anyhow. In saying all that. I do respect Manchester City. The quality of your football is sublime, quality drips through every player on the pitch and bench, and even as a Liverpool fan. When you won that title, snatching it from United's hands in the dying moments. I was up on my feet screaming the house down. Why the hate? There are 'those' fans with EVERY club.

Liverpool have done some bad things
City have done some bad things... they happen.

Merry Christmas! I hope for a thrilling encounter on boxing day
P.S disappointed Aguero is injured, always a joy to watch no matter who is against.

LFC-Fans said:
n_mcfc said:

Ah! When someone makes a sweeping statement. Gotta love it.
1) Are we not allowed banners?
2) What former players have bigged up what players
3) Liverpool fans do not believe Skrtel is a good defender, in fact we don't think Agger is either. We need much much better. I think Toure-Sakho for the City game
4) The Suarez hate. Or in other words "Grrrr I am an angry man, why couldn't we sign him. I mean we have all the money in the world... GRR I am so angry... Grr" Jealousy is NOT a good thing. Besides you have Aguero, he's not half bad either! ;p
5) I don't get what we do that annoys you. I mean, its not like we spent over £200million on players purchasing a whole new XI and bench made up of only 1 English player. And its not like whenever an opposing fan brings up a topic like this we respond with "yawn" or "football is about money nowadays anyway, fact is. Without money there is no success" Is that what you guys say to re-assure yourselves that you did things the right way?

Anyhow. In saying all that. I do respect Manchester City. The quality of your football is sublime, quality drips through every player on the pitch and bench, and even as a Liverpool fan. When you won that title, snatching it from United's hands in the dying moments. I was up on my feet screaming the house down. Why the hate? There are 'those' fans with EVERY club.

Liverpool have done some bad things
City have done some bad things... they happen.

Merry Christmas! I hope for a thrilling encounter on boxing day
P.S disappointed Aguero is injured, always a joy to watch no matter who is against.

Rational and logical

Who do you think you are!?

Ban.

n_mcfc said:

Disagree with all of that. Liverpool are/were/are a big club - what happened was them winning 5 ECL cups, show some respect. I hope we beat them, but Liverpool are not the same as a bunch of plastic rags, they are much more dignified and I'd love City to emulate them rather than that shower from the Swamp.

3-1 or 4-2 City

Should be an interesting game. Playing clichy at RB just doesn't fill me with any sorts of confidence, and neither does pairing Dzeko and Negredo together.

Hopefully Milner gets the nod and Jovetic gets over whatever it is he's battling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.