Liverpool v City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's Liverpool's goal difference getting sullied, haha. I shouldn't get too arrogant but our home form this season is making it difficult not to expect anything other than a thorough hiding for the victim- ahem -vistors.

Last game, I was surprised to see Clichy at right back. I thought Boyata or Milner would've been playing. Clichy's not been solid this season, but his last game at left back was good and against the pace of Sterling, I'd prefer to see him over Kolarov, although the big Balklands man has been at his best this season.

gmckennasell said:
weve had plenty of opposition supporters on this forum , spouting how good their team is and why they will get a result , and their posts after the game about our 4th,5th,6th goals being offside , handball , undeserved , against the run of play etc etc., The only team that has come to the etihad and out played us , was the current european champions and probably the best tactician in europe , so i am at a loss how dipper fans believe Liverpools current team with brendan rodgers will get anything at the etihad , But you never know , weve had probably 10 more games than dippers this year in the carling cup and champs league , but thats what happens with successful teams , perhaps they cant remember that far back

Perhaps you dont remember how they outplayed us at the Etihad last season then? I reckon it'll be a close game.

ChichesterBlue said:
gmckennasell said:
weve had plenty of opposition supporters on this forum , spouting how good their team is and why they will get a result , and their posts after the game about our 4th,5th,6th goals being offside , handball , undeserved , against the run of play etc etc., The only team that has come to the etihad and out played us , was the current european champions and probably the best tactician in europe , so i am at a loss how dipper fans believe Liverpools current team with brendan rodgers will get anything at the etihad , But you never know , weve had probably 10 more games than dippers this year in the carling cup and champs league , but thats what happens with successful teams , perhaps they cant remember that far back

Perhaps you dont remember how they outplayed us at the Etihad last season then? I reckon it'll be a close game.

Right, am not going to say this again. We are a different team, different manager, different mentality. Ignore history
it counts for nothing. If it did we'd still be regularly losing to the rags.

Some very confident people on here getting close to arrogance. I am as usual nervous as hell and would take a scrappy 1-0 this will be are hardest game of the season so far

Airbags Optional said:
Some very confident people on here getting close to arrogance. I am as usual nervous as hell and would take a scrappy 1-0 this will be are hardest game of the season so far

Since the last hardest home match. And as I have said before, anyone on here can be as confident
or arrogant (if that's what you think it is) as they like. It ISN'T GOING TO CHANGE THE RESULT.
It's an internet forum. None of us are playing. FFS.

ChichesterBlue said:
gmckennasell said:

What the fuck has last season got to do with this one,its gone,Arsenal are the best team we'll face at home in the league this season and we twatted them

Airbags Optional said:

Anything can happen in football, we could butcher Liverpool but through luck or great defending in the last third, they could walk off with the points, we wont know till the final whistle.

but am I confident City will prevail, why not, we`ve put every team except one to the sword on our own ground this season and that exception being the best team in Europe if not the World.

That isnt arrogance, that is belief

To fair like I have said nearly every pre match thread (home games) has been full of people worrying, they are all there in the match day part of the forum if you care to look

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.