Liverpool v City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ShaLaLaLaSummerbee said:
MillionDollarDream said:
Why do people want Milner who's never played RB to play there against Liverpool?
He's right footed, can tackle, has pace, has stamina and is clearly good going forward.

I'll be more confident if Milners there, less prone to a mistake.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Milner should either play at RB or be in front of whoever does.

Correct which is why for me it should be:

Hart
Clichy Kompany MDM Kolarov
Milner Yaya Fern
Nasri Negredo Silva

With that personnel there are plenty options.

Are we going to play 3-5-2 with Milner on the right wing?

Will it be:
__________Hart_________
_______VK___MDM____Lescott
Milner Dinho Toure Silva Kolarov

________Dzeko_____Negredo

What about Milner's positional awareness playing in a standard 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 as a RB vs being a traditional winger? Milner on the overlap of Navas, is Navas tracking back being the faster of the two?

MillionDollarDream said:
Why do people want Milner who's never played RB to play there against Liverpool?
I'll be more confident with ShaMus Coleman

depending on what happens tomo with arsenal v chelsea we could sit a little deeper not saying play for the draw but its not the end of the world if it is, if we go 2-0 up let them come at us and smash them on the break and the 3rd would kill them

zandvoort blue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Milner should either play at RB or be in front of whoever does.

Correct which is why for me it should be:

Hart
Clichy Kompany MDM Kolarov
Milner Yaya Fern
Nasri Negredo Silva

With that personnel there are plenty options.
Like that thinking with Jimmy supporting Clichy and giving him cover on the right. Similar to the role he has performed for England (albeit on the left?).

ChichesterBlue said:
gmckennasell said:
weve had plenty of opposition supporters on this forum , spouting how good their team is and why they will get a result , and their posts after the game about our 4th,5th,6th goals being offside , handball , undeserved , against the run of play etc etc., The only team that has come to the etihad and out played us , was the current european champions and probably the best tactician in europe , so i am at a loss how dipper fans believe Liverpools current team with brendan rodgers will get anything at the etihad , But you never know , weve had probably 10 more games than dippers this year in the carling cup and champs league , but thats what happens with successful teams , perhaps they cant remember that far back

Perhaps you dont remember how they outplayed us at the Etihad last season then? I reckon it'll be a close game.

They looked pretty piss poor at Hull and were comfortably beaten at the Emirates. I think folks are getting swayed by Suarez and their result at Spurs - but we saw first hand how Spurs crumble when they are counter-attacked.

Am I alone in thinking Yaya is the problem in front of our defence , specially in our away games ?

Having seen Clichy at right back, I'd play Milner there if Zab does not make it.

But remember that Milner offers a lot going forward. Had he been at right back at Fulham, he wouldn't have been there to tuck the 4th away, and I'm not sure anyone else would have been there to do that

Suarez likes to drift wide and cut in so the full backs are key

ChichesterBlue said:
gmckennasell said:
weve had plenty of opposition supporters on this forum , spouting how good their team is and why they will get a result , and their posts after the game about our 4th,5th,6th goals being offside , handball , undeserved , against the run of play etc etc., The only team that has come to the etihad and out played us , was the current european champions and probably the best tactician in europe , so i am at a loss how dipper fans believe Liverpools current team with brendan rodgers will get anything at the etihad , But you never know , weve had probably 10 more games than dippers this year in the carling cup and champs league , but thats what happens with successful teams , perhaps they cant remember that far back

Perhaps you dont remember how they outplayed us at the Etihad last season then? I reckon it'll be a close game.

It will be a close game , similar to arsenal I expect.

I don't think you can use last season as a barometer , we had a weakish side out

No toure, kompany , Garcia and Barry in midfield , lescott and nastasic at the back

Right back does worry me though , I would play clichy at left back with Milner on the right, we might as well go for it and try to outscore them , don't remember Suarez having a great game against us as yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.