Liverpool v City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Some City fans insisting it's realism, when in actual fact, they have been so conditioned to thinking about how supposedly good the opposition are, they convince themselves that they are actually better than they are.

City turn up, doesn't matter what Liverpool or Suarez do.

We are superior on every single level, and allied to our big match experience, it will see Liverpool go the same way as every other team that has come to the Etihad.

Seriously, some real perspective and appreciation of what our own team is capable of is needed.

Should we score in the opening ten minutes, I would expect another three or four.

This team of ours is on the way to being very very special indeed.

City 4 Liverpool 1
A good post. I concur completely.

Hull have shown the rest of the league to handling Liverpool away from home.

You can snuff out Suarez if you are prepared to work hard / press hard and have two players on him whenever he is near the ball.

Better still if you keep possession and press hard which we do at home he won't be a factor due to lack of service.

Their back four are nothing special and we should create enough chances to win the game provided as Tolmie says we turn up and play like we have been at home this season.

Turner89 said:
vintiz said:
Permit me to say that suarez is sort of a big game flop. I'd expect him to have the kind of game Ozil had at the ethihad.

We should be winning this if we really want the title !

Not true at all. Suarez has scored in three Merseyside derbies, has humiliated Man United and netted against them too, has stuck goals past Chelsea and Arsenal and also scored against Spurs. It's true that he was nullified against Arsenal earlier in the season but our entire team was dreadful that day. Ozil has a long history of bottling it in big matches, going missing for ninety minutes at a time when it counts but Suarez is a different animal entirely.

I can't wait for this match. The two best teams in the league taking each other on in what should be a free-flowing, free-scoring game.

Good luck to you guys.

Should be a good one. If we can keep Suarez somewhat quiet, we should win and maybe win well. I can see something like a 3-1 or even 4-2.

But like another poster said; I would take a scrappy 1-0.

Think this will be the game of the season, should make for some good drunken boxing day football.

High scoring game with City to win.

We have nothing to lose really, no one expects us to beat you and I think out of the two clubs - a 0 points haul from this game would be worse for you than it will be for us.

We should give you a decent game, your defending has been suspect recently as well so I'm going 4-3 City.

Merry Xmas to you all!

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
LFC-Fans said:
Looking for your opinion on something guys, how good is Fernandinho?

I haven't heard much about him yet, but he seems to be starting almost every game for you guys... is he on par with yaya? Is he as strong and powerful as yaya? And more importantly was he worth the £30million?

Cheers!

No-one is better than Yaya. Fernandinho is better than any of your midfielders. He cost a damn sight less than Andy Carroll so yes, he's well worth whatever we paid for him.

Cheers.

Fernandinho is better than Yaya at certain aspects of the game and vice versa,they are both top class though and now they've established they're role's in the side,they are complimenting each other very well.
Individually,the greater talent of the two is Yaya,however.......with regards to which of the two is more valuable to the team and our play,i'd have to pick Fernandinho.

While i rate Fernandinho much higher,his 'battle' with Henderson will be interesting.

I think either Navas or Milner should start on the bench. Just so that we have an impact substitution to make around 60 minutes if the game is being hard fought.

Clichy at RB again would be suicide, especially considering the pacey players l'pool have. Hope and pray Zaba is back. Btw, when is Micah due to be fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.