Liverpool v City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
cleavers said:
Marvin said:
David Silva is now on 4 yellows.
That's fine then, he'll play. If he gets a yellow, he can have a rest against Palace.

Marv according to the sites I have looked at he is on 3. I am fairly certain he was on 3 prior to the Fulham game, and I don't recall him picking up one in that game?

We could do with an update on the injured 5.

Jovetic Nasty and Zab all have outside chances of returning but Zab is the main one.

It's a shame we won't get to see Aguero vs Suarez

The thing with them, they rely on one man to score the goals in Suarez.
We have goals coming from everywhere at the moment.

Without sounding too confident, I genuinely can't see anything other than a city wink by two or three goals at the least.

We are head and shoulders above everyone in this league at the moment.

My gaffer is a Liverpool fan, and he reckons 3-1 Liverpool.
Optimistic to say the least.

FantasyIreland said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
LFC-Fans said:
Looking for your opinion on something guys, how good is Fernandinho?

I haven't heard much about him yet, but he seems to be starting almost every game for you guys... is he on par with yaya? Is he as strong and powerful as yaya? And more importantly was he worth the £30million?

Cheers!

No-one is better than Yaya. Fernandinho is better than any of your midfielders. He cost a damn sight less than Andy Carroll so yes, he's well worth whatever we paid for him.

Cheers.

Fernandinho is better than Yaya at certain aspects of the game and vice versa,they are both top class though and now they've established they're role's in the side,they are complimenting each other very well.
Individually,the greater talent of the two is Yaya,however.......with regards to which of the two is more valuable to the team and our play,i'd have to pick Fernandinho.

While i rate Fernandinho much higher,his 'battle' with Henderson will be interesting.
Hard to disagree with most of what you say apart from who's the more valuable of the two. When it's a big game and we need a win and things aren't going as we'd wish, Yaya invariably stands up to be counted. Although Fernandinho may be capable of that also, we're yet to see it.

Scouse_Jimi said:
Think this will be the game of the season, should make for some good drunken boxing day football.

High scoring game with City to win.

We have nothing to lose really, no one expects us to beat you and I think out of the two clubs - a 0 points haul from this game would be worse for you than it will be for us.

We should give you a decent game, your defending has been suspect recently as well so I'm going 4-3 City.

Merry Xmas to you all!

how would you class yours seeing as you have only conceded one less goal?

If Kompany is on top of his game which I think he will be now he is up to speed after injury then I can see city win, it is going to be a very open game end to end, both sides play very open city will have to be very careful with their high line and not lose the ball like at Fulham, navas is a must for this game

jollylescott said:
cleavers said:
Marvin said:
David Silva is now on 4 yellows.
That's fine then, he'll play. If he gets a yellow, he can have a rest against Palace.

Marv according to the sites I have looked at he is on 3. I am fairly certain he was on 3 prior to the Fulham game, and I don't recall him picking up one in that game?

He got one in the league cup as well so that puts him on 4. Would definately expect him to get a booking next game, miss the Palace game at home and then free to play at Swansea. Would hate him to miss that game.

Given they will play one up front, I think Kompany can deal with him. We'd have much more difficulty trying to contain both Suarez and Sturridge at Anfield.

So difficult to see past a City win with our usual 3 or 4 goals and perhaps 1 or 2 from Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.