Liverpool v City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chippy_boy said:
MaineDAWG2008 said:
strange to read the arrogance on here "men against boys" ... really? take off your blue tinted shades for a second. This is a rejuvenated liverpool team, different from last year's team. Suarez and Coutinho are tricky players. Both our defence and midfield have to be alert for the full 90mins.

I do agree with this. I can't remember which game it was - maybe the 3-0 LIverpool win at Anfield, not sure - but going into one previous game we all laughed at the prospect of Yaya vs Lucas. Even the Liverpool fans were cringing at the prospect. And yet on the day, Lucas completely bossed it. We need to treat them with respect and work hard and concentrate 100% for 90 minutes.

That said, I don't think Liverpool will outscore us at the Etihad. We are very likely to score (having done so in every league game for over 3 years), and chances are we will score 3 or 4. I can't see Liverpool scoring 3 or 4 so long as Komps is fit, so we should win.
Think the working hard part will be key. I've been hugely impressed with the energy that Liverpool play with in midfield - like Southampton, only better. Hopefully, we'll get to grips with that early on, and then our class can shine through.
Still expecting a very tough game.

it's going to be a bumpy first 20 mins then we'll take control and another 'contender' will be consigned to the 'also-ran' bin. 4 or more to the good for us, you mark my words!

-------------------Hart-------------------
Milner Komps Lescott Kolarov
--------------Ferni-----Yaya-----------
---Silva------------------------Nasri---
----------------Dzeko-------------------
----------------Negredo---------------

Need height up front. Ferni will put in a mega shift to help Milner out. Kolarov to get assists.

I fear we may end our winning streak at home this game from corners (Sahko is v good in the air).

We'll need to keep the high pressing to stop Suarez getting close.

samharris said:
LFC-Fans said:
bluemonkey71 said:
Yaya + Fern v Lucas and Allen...

Men against boys

I wouldn't be so sure... the game isn't played on paper.

oh ffs youd have them two in your team in a heartbeat...

On paper they're better, I don't think anyone is trying to say otherwise. Football isn't played on paper though and if you watch our last few matches (West Ham, Spurs, Cardiff) you will see incredibly accomplished midfield performances from Liverpool, against Tottenham in particular. Saying 'men against boys' might be applicable on Football Manager but this isn't Football Manager.

spongebob123 said:

Need height up front. Ferni will put in a mega shift to help Milner out. Kolarov to get assists.

I fear we may end our winning streak at home this game from corners (Sahko is v good in the air).

We'll need to keep the high pressing to stop Suarez getting close.

i`m a little apprehensive but i have been against all the decent teams we`ve played, arsenal chelsea and everton

spongebob123 said:

I fear we may end our winning streak at home this game from corners (Sahko is v good in the air).We'll need to keep the high pressing to stop Suarez getting close.

Not according to the Cardiff goal!!

bluemonkey71 said:
MaineDAWG2008 said:
strange to read the arrogance on here "men against boys" ... really? take off your blue tinted shades for a second.

Our midfield will dominate. Looks back at the Rags and Arsenal games if you need evidence. They'll throw long balls at Suarez and Komps will clear up.
Just need to watch out on the counter.

If we play Dzeko and Negredo together then I doubt we will see most of the ball, Rodgers will play a 3 of Henderson, Allen and Lucas with Coutinho and Suarez floating around, that for me would be too much for Yaya and Fernandinho and is the reason why we have to play just Negredo or Dzeko up top on their own or we partner one of them with Jovetic so he can drop into midfield.

bluemonkey71 said:
Yaya + Fern v Lucas and Allen...

Men against boys

It should be, but Liverpool have a knack of raising their game against us to levels Everton would be jealous of. If we're at our best we should be fine though, but we really do need to be at our best.

I'm not sure why Pellegrini stays so committed to the 442 for the starting XI. We seem much more comfortable in a 433 when we don't have Aguero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.