Liverpool v City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hart
Zab (if fit) Kompany Demi Kolorov
Garcia Ferd
Navas Silva Milner
Negredo

A couple of points. Seeing that we play Crystal Palace less than 48 hours later I'd like to see Nasri and Yaya rested and maybe come on as subs. I think we played well with this formation against Bayern and Garcia although not popular will hopefully not leave us so exposed in the back for Suarez to get thru. He did well against Bayern and Ferd can cover him as well and go forward when needed.

Marvin said:
If the usual City turn up you have no chance. But there will come a game at home when City have a bad game. Each home game, I think it might happen, but we've swept all aside apart from Bayern Munich.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to Hansen's critique of Demichelis's defending at Fulham. He had 8 seasons at Bayern Munich, and last season he was the best defender in Spain we are told. Statistically Opta reported that he and Sakho were the best defenders last weekend.

City's weakness is that when we lose the ball upfield we are very open and teams can counter-attack against us and get straight through...see Fulham's first. Silva loses the ball on the edge of the Fulham penalty area and in a quick counter-attack. But I like the way we play. I'll take the defensive weakness that comes from attacking so much

The unknown for City is how we can cope without Aguero against a good team. It did not cost us against Fulham, but it might against Liverpool. Negredo and Dzeko are different types of players to Aguero. And we may also be missing both right backs so it's the perfect time to play City. I stil think City are favourites, but there are potential weaknesses to exploit

I agree you guys are favourites for this game. I haven't seen much of demaschellis but when I watched him on few occasions, he lacks pace and slo on turn. This will play in Suarez's hand (there is risk that I might look complete stupid after the game).

A poster posted some good tactical analysis in this thread and I agree with him totally. The key to our success is pace with which we attack and service provided to Suarez. Stop that - make him isolated, and you have won the game. Thats why I said the midfield battle is critical here. I see flanagan as weak link in this since Navas troubling him will make our midfield to alter its shape to bail him out.

We had a good game against you (under Kenny) where our midfield had a good game against yours (Yaya saving it was toughest game he played). Lucas played a very good game that day. But I think you have upper hand in coming game. Lucas is not same after his long injury lay off and you have fernandinho supporting Yaya and Silva. I think you finally found a good DM who is freeing up your other midfielders (don't rate Garcia and Rodwell in that position). So I'll say you have lot going for your side (not that you need any incentive with your home form this year).

Blue Hawaii said:
Hart
Garcia Ferd
Navas Silva Milner
Negredo

A couple of points. Seeing that we play Crystal Palace less than 48 hours later I'd like to see Nasri and Yaya rested and maybe come on as subs. I think we played well with this formation against Bayern and Garcia although not popular will hopefully not leave us so exposed in the back for Suarez to get thru. He did well against Bayern and Ferd can cover him as well and go forward when needed.
Rest two of our best players against the top of the table so that we can play them against one of the worst teams in the division, makes sense!

squirtyflower said:
Blue Hawaii said:
Hart
Garcia Ferd
Navas Silva Milner
Negredo

Rest two of our best players against the top of the table so that we can play them against one of the worst teams in the division, makes sense!

Ha ha we have them all in here

Blue Hawaii said:
Hart
Garcia Ferd
Navas Silva Milner
Negredo

Wibble.

Re: Liverpool Thread 2013/14

baldybouncer said:
Mr Rodgers will come for a point on Thursday. Massed ranks behind the ball with Suarez ploughing a lonely furrow up front and falling down at every opportunity. He can't afford a mauling and looking all forlorn after the game by playing the high line.

They don't play like that. Infact they can't play like that. Their defense is not the best in terms of ability/discipline.

Re: Liverpool Thread 2013/14

Said it before,still be a hard game and as we all know suarez at the moment is on fire,but if we play like we have at home recently we should win,together with the fact that when Liverpool come up against anyone decent away they struggle hull away (3.1)being an example...

Blue Hawaii said:
Hart
Garcia Ferd
Navas Silva Milner
Negredo

Is this a joke?

Blumers Bloomers said:
Blue Hawaii said:
Hart
Garcia Ferd
Navas Silva Milner
Negredo

Is this a joke?

i think he`s suffering from sunstroke

Blumers Bloomers said:
Blue Hawaii said:
Hart
Garcia Ferd
Navas Silva Milner
Negredo

Is this a joke?
Think he's had to much mulled wine....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.