Liverpool v City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
waspish said:
Marvin said:
One game at a time

Palace will be a lot lot tougher than people expect because we'll have nothing in the tank, and little opportunity to rotate, but we have to deal with Liverpool first

Why are Palace not playing 2 games in 48 hours?
They will come to defend. Always easier to defend.

I said one game at a time. Beat Liverpool with our strongest team, then look at Palace, but Palace could easily be the toughest game of the season because we'll be on empty with little scope to rotate players.

But won't palace be on empty with a smaller squad? Yes understand complacent might come into it but our squad is bigger and expect 7/8 changes come the Saturday game

squirtyflower said:
Blue Hawaii said:
Hart
Zab (if fit) Kompany Demi Kolorov
Garcia Ferd
Navas Silva Milner
Negredo

A couple of points. Seeing that we play Crystal Palace less than 48 hours later I'd like to see Nasri and Yaya rested and maybe come on as subs. I think we played well with this formation against Bayern and Garcia although not popular will hopefully not leave us so exposed in the back for Suarez to get thru. He did well against Bayern and Ferd can cover him as well and go forward when needed.
Rest two of our best players against the top of the table so that we can play them against one of the worst teams in the division, makes sense!

Absolutely !

Like many other people have said, I think its going to be a close game. But we will narrowly win it, I think.

heard from many other places about the biggest YAYA KOLO toure chant. This must happen!

Blue Hawaii said:
Hart
Garcia Ferd
Navas Silva Milner
Negredo

A couple of points. Seeing that we play Crystal Palace less than 48 hours later I'd like to see Nasri and Yaya rested and maybe come on as subs. I think we played well with this formation against Bayern and Garcia although not popular will hopefully not leave us so exposed in the back for Suarez to get thru. He did well against Bayern and Ferd can cover him as well and go forward when needed.

Hawaii 5-OMFGG.

Some of this stuff is vintage. Rest Yaya for the biggest game of the season so far. Play Kolarov against one of the fastest players in the league. Football is all about opinions but some on here think they are playing Football Manager. For what it's worth my FM teams would be,
Liverpool - Hart, Zab (or Milner), Kompany, Demicheles, Clichy, Fernandinho, Yaya, Nasri, Silva, Navas, Negredo
Palace - Hart, Boyata, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov, Rodwell, Milner, Garcia, Nasri (60 mins), Silva (60 mins) Dzeko
We could have a strong bench to replace Nasri and Silva against Palace if we are winning comfortably, not that I am saying we will, they will definitely have 11 players behind the ball for the majority of the game.

Blue Hawaii said:
Hart
Garcia Ferd
Navas Silva Milner
Negredo

Jake....jake...... Gotta get that money jake...........

Bang bang----- you shot me in the arse

Just seen the ref is Lee Mason, I thought we had some kind of issue with him (or am I getting my refs mixed up) didn't he get pulled out of one of our games with 'family trouble' only to ref a different game after a very suspect performance the previous time he reffed us?

I do think that the "not being to confident" and the dam right pessimistic is still in the DNA of many City fans, with many guilty of magical thinking, i.e if we (the fans) are over confident it some how puts a curse on the team, we should always respect our opponents, but don't let it blind you to what a great team we have been on many occasions this season, in short there is nothing wrong with being confident

In the past when we played Liverpool their forums have always been full of people confidently predicting their victory over us, and all things considered they had reasons to be confident, and now the worm has turned we have every reason to be confident

It should be a great game of football by two teams who have lit up the Prem this season, far better than the turgid dog shite on offer last night for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.