Liverpool v City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One game at a time

Palace will be a lot lot tougher than people expect because we'll have nothing in the tank, and little opportunity to rotate, but we have to deal with Liverpool first

Marvin said:
One game at a time

Palace will be a lot lot tougher than people expect because we'll have nothing in the tank, and little opportunity to rotate, but we have to deal with Liverpool first

Agreed. But we absolutely must play our strongest team against Liverpool.

Then we can worry about Palace afterwards. As much as I agree with your statement I'd always have our weakened team against Palace in this scenario!

Marvin said:
One game at a time

Why are Palace not playing 2 games in 48 hours?

I'd go with Navas up top (with Negredo, obviously) for this. He looks to me as though he's coming into form big time right now. And his speed will create huge problems for what looks a cumbersome Liverpool defense. Crosses over for our midfielders coming through to hit them on the run is the way I see it, while Negredo distracts the Liverpool defense and pulls it out of shape. Throttle the midfield with the big four — Yaya, Ferny, Silva, Nasri — and we should ease past them. I'd be astonished if they stopped us from scoring, but I'd also be astonished if we stopped them from scoring. This is a six point game, if ever there was one, but we're now almost in the position where we could draw this and it wouldn't be disastrous. Obviously worried about Suarez, like everyone, but in a way the Tottenham game couldn't have come at a better time, because if we weren't warned before, we are now. Give this guy space to run at you, and he will do you. So close him down, every time. Nets? Now that Hart's back in, you couldn't reasonably drop him. It would be weird. Pants and Hart have both got their strengths and weaknesses, but for the big, big games, I'd choose Hart.

Blue Hawaii said:
Hart
Zab (if fit) Kompany Demi Kolorov
Garcia Ferd
Navas Silva Milner
Negredo

A couple of points. Seeing that we play Crystal Palace less than 48 hours later I'd like to see Nasri and Yaya rested and maybe come on as subs. I think we played well with this formation against Bayern and Garcia although not popular will hopefully not leave us so exposed in the back for Suarez to get thru. He did well against Bayern and Ferd can cover him as well and go forward when needed.

you are really new to this board and are not allowed to be fishing!

waspish said:
Marvin said:
One game at a time

They will come to defend. Always easier to defend.

I said one game at a time. Beat Liverpool with our strongest team, then look at Palace, but Palace could easily be the toughest game of the season because we'll be on empty with little scope to rotate players.

Marvin said:
waspish said:
Marvin said:
One game at a time

They will come to defend. Always easier to defend.

I said one game at a time. Beat Liverpool with our strongest team, then look at Palace, but Palace could easily be the toughest game of the season because we'll be on empty with little scope to rotate players.

If Pulis continues as he did at Stoke, Palace will turn up beaten. For some reason Stoke always gave up before they started at the Etihad then almost always got a draw at the Brittania.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.