Liverpool v City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
without a dream said:
Just seen the ref is Lee Mason, I thought we had some kind of issue with him (or am I getting my refs mixed up) didn't he get pulled out of one of our games with 'family trouble' only to ref a different game after a very suspect performance the previous time he reffed us?
Actually he gat pulled from two games within a week or so of one another, as you say for family reasons, yet reffed a game the day before ours that he should have reffed
As an aside we won both games!

Ducado said:
I do think that the "not being to confident" and the dam right pessimistic is still in the DNA of many City fans, with many guilty of magical thinking, i.e if we (the fans) are over confident it some how puts a curse on the team, we should always respect our opponents, but don't let it blind you to what a great team we have been on many occasions this season, in short there is nothing wrong with being confident

In the past when we played Liverpool their forums have always been full of people confidently predicting their victory over us, and all things considered they had reasons to be confident, and now the worm has turned we have every reason to be confident

It should be a great game of football by two teams who have lit up the Prem this season, far better than the turgid dog shite on offer last night for sure

This all day....

Ducado said:
I do think that the "not being to confident" and the dam right pessimistic is still in the DNA of many City fans, with many guilty of magical thinking, i.e if we (the fans) are over confident it some how puts a curse on the team, we should always respect our opponents, but don't let it blind you to what a great team we have been on many occasions this season, in short there is nothing wrong with being confident

In the past when we played Liverpool their forums have always been full of people confidently predicting their victory over us, and all things considered they had reasons to be confident, and now the worm has turned we have every reason to be confident

It should be a great game of football by two teams who have lit up the Prem this season, far better than the turgid dog shite on offer last night for sure

I bet gooner2 really enjoyed it. ;) or should I say gonner2.??

gordondaviesmoustache said:
For the one and only time at home this season our main priority in this game should be not to lose imo.

That's not the spirit pal, let's fucking stuff them.

without a dream said:
Just seen the ref is Lee Mason.

In the immortal words of the great poet, "that fucks that!". All our hard tackles will now be fouls and all their fouls will be hard tackles. I'll be stunned if we avoid a red card, too. It's a shame because it would have been a cracking game in the hands of a more competent referee. Instead, one side - most probably us, if his past form is anything to go by - is just going to get fucked over by Mason. Mark my words!

Mind you, it's nothing new against Liverpool for some reason. I can't remember who reffed this fixture, last year but he counted out ten paces, from ball to wall, for each of their free kicks but only walked nine steps for both of ours. MOTD mentioned it. Had a bit of a giggle about it and moved on. At Anfield, last year, they equalized with a free kick that they got for jam. There was the dodgy penalty in the hokey cokey cup and in the two league games that year, Balotelli got sent off for being Balotelli whilst Barry got sent off for not genuflecting before the mighty Stevie Me.
Fuck knows what hope we have now that they are actually good enough to beat us - even without Lee f**king Mason.

Rant over. As you were.
Bah humbug!

Rammy Blue said:
For the one and only time at home this season our main priority in this game should be not to lose imo.

It's strangely reticent for me, I will admit, but we've got a very benign run of games coming up after this and I've no doubt we'll be sat at the top of the table by the end of Jan. Just don't want them to have the boost to morale that beating us would engender. Sergio and Pablo (probably) being absent is a determining factor in this for me too.

I think we'll win all our other home games, but I expect this to be a draw and that is a result I would be very satisfied with.

waspish said:
Marvin said:
One game at a time

Palace will be a lot lot tougher than people expect because we'll have nothing in the tank, and little opportunity to rotate, but we have to deal with Liverpool first

Why are Palace not playing 2 games in 48 hours?
Take this up with Aston Villa

Rammy Blue said:

It's strangely reticent for me, I will admit, but we've got a very benign run of games coming up after this and I've no doubt we'll be sat at the top of the table by the end of Jan. Just don't want them to have the boost to morale that beating us would engender. Sergio and Pablo (probably) being absent is a determining factor in this for me too.

I think we'll win all our other home games, but I expect this to be a draw and that is a result I would be very satisfied with.

Probably the kiss of death but I just don't particularly rate them, of course Suarez is on fire however their midfield shouldn't have a chance up against our guys.

As long as Merlin is fit I fully expect 3 points.

Might be slightly more important not to lose than to win but I don't want to see us be overly cautious. We should be able to impose ourselves on them.

I do see this as our toughest home game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.