Liverpool Vs City (CC) Post Match Discussion Thread

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Pigeonho said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Pre money we weren't chasing the league title and have a great chance of winning a European trophy. Your point is what exactly?
My point is we're not rags who can dismiss a trophy as easily as 'its only the carling cup'.
And we cannot expect to win everything. The carling cup is not a priority we have bigger fish to fry.
Dont you think thats small team thinking ? I dont think 1 extra game at wembley would make any difference to the league campaign, instead its another mini season for the Europa cup, with shit loads of travelling thrown in.

Blue Tooth said:
For me our two most dissapointing performances of the season have been in these two legs...Liverpool were far more up for it tonight and I can't understand why that is when we don't play again till Feb 4th....and even though we were shite tonight we could've taken it to extra time with just one little bit of sensible defending...what the fuck Kolarov and Lescott were doing at that throw I will never know. Piss poor.
We play next Tuesday 31st

Re: this thread isn't mine...

Never blamed Bobby at any time,but I was a bit amazed a the team he picked tonight,as i thought he would pick his strongest with us having no game this weekend.
However some piss poor performances tonight.

BillyShears said:
First half team selection cost us the match. Very disappointing from Mancini. To be fair to Liverpool they clearly wanted it much more than we did and played out of their skins. They'll be a good cup side under Dalglish.

From our side I thought we were collectively poor. Don't think any player particularly impressed. I feel really sorry for Savic. He's looked out of his depth too many times already this season. He should never in a million years have started this match after his second half performance at Spurs.

I'm pretty gutted to be honest. But we have to pick ourselves up for another huge away day next Tuesday.

Not going to talk about the officiating. We didn't deserve to win tonight so it's largely irrelevant.

Bob just doesn't care about the cups this season, any time he starts with AK you know that's the score.

They were the better side.

Our midfield is shite without Yaya and again the fact that Bob protects and rests Jimmy shows he wasn't that arsed.

When I started supporting City, if you lost you lost. Just one of those things that proper fans accept and move on from. No need to pick on players or the manager. Liverpool were better than us, as happens in football matches.

Am looking forward to the Everton game already.

And good luck to Liverpool in the final.

(that last bit was sarcastic, I can't stand them)

Re: Mancini to blame?

cookster said:
Poor team selection in both games.

Blame Dowd for the pen but ultimately outplayed in both games.

Exactly, Mancini should have taken more risk for this game and started attacking line up but unfortunately he did the opposite.

The only thing I can say is that I'm disappointed to see the team completely fail to see out a wining position. No point doing the hard work to get in front if that is how things pan out. On sunday i said after going 2-0 up, kill it, tighten it up for 15 mins, and the team promptly came a cropper by not doing that. Tonight is similar, all be it with a less talented and cohesive bunch in places. This slackness will cost in the league campaign if not eradicated. Teams at the top close out games. Fact. Tonight after the 2nd, we should have passed them to death and made every clearance travel 60 yards, it's not rocket salad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.