Liverpool Vs City (CC) Post Match Discussion Thread

Dzeko was outstanding after his goal - picking out passes (the beauty to AJ), holding up the ball, sublime touch, going to get in a receiving end of a pass

Strangely it all goes out the window when things aren't going well, but he looked like our likeliest man to get a third.

Confidence player and all that but I've never seen one that's so extreme.

Didnt deserve it over the two games and playing Savic was a mistake and if players cant get motivated for a semi ? Sorry Mancini i want us to win all our games and not just go for the league !
I know Dowd cost us tonight but im pissed off !

Richard said:
We must have the slowest team in the history of the premiership. Crying out for some pace in there.

The problem is we keep the ball to well teams get right behind the ball and we pass and we pass and we pass! Sometimes we need to change tact and let a team have a ball and we sit back to hit teams on the break

RP2 said:
You know what really pisses me off?

"Supporters" criticising every decision Mancini makes when we lose or draw a game. We can't win them all, and we are in THE best position I have ever known City to be in, with an FA Cup in hand.

We have won games with Kolarov starting, we have won games with Aguero on the bench..... We have also lost games with Aguero starting.

Need I go on?
And if you look carefully enough you can see the sensible posts in the thread. Like the one above.

LoveCity said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
LoveCity said:
Hart - 10 (a legendary performance by a world class goalkeeper)
Kolarov - 4
Lescott - 6
Savic - 2 (wouldn't have even looked good when we were shit in this form)
Richards - 6
Zabaleta - 5
De Jong - 6 (a shame his goal is overshadowed by our exit)
Barry - 7 (best outfield player)
Nasri - 5
Silva - 6
Dzeko - 5 (nice tap-in but needs to offer more)

Johnson - 3 (just go away you selfish bastard, one pass to Silva and we'd have had a third, not a team player)
Aguero - 5

Gutted that we let it slip at the end but deep down knew we wouldn't go to Wembley as soon as I saw our lineup. We were quite lucky to even score, did we even test Reina besides the goals?

Yaya can't get back soon enough and Milner should have played I believe. Still think we are a few quality players away from being a genuinely top side. We may win the league, yes, but there is still much improvement to be had to build a side that can go deep into the Champions League and compete on all fronts at once.
Grow up.

How about you counter argue with something relevant instead of an insult? I listed pros and cons did I not? My contempt for Adam Johnson may be over the top but he does my head in like few other players have.
No. No counter argument for you you fuck wit. Giving Savic or any player 2 renders your post nul and void.

We were really poor tonight, didn't play well at all. Liverpool were sharper, and wanted it far more than we did. Hart aside I don't think anyone played particularly well. I don't think Mancini got his tactics right at all, the forrmation was a mistake, playing with 3 centre halves simply didn't work.

Having said all that, we still drew 2-2 on the night, and that was down to, yet another, terrible decision made by a referee which directly cost us a goal. Combine that with us still suffering from Chris Foy's awul decision in the derby (hence Savic's presence) and Webb's moment of blindness followed by 20/20 replay vision and we could well have made the Final despite the odds being unfairly stacked against us.

I'd also question the neutrality of the match commentators tonight, they couldn't have willed a Liverpool victory on more if they'd tried. The overblown wankfest at the final whistle was all a little embarrassing for me, lets not forget this is the Carling Cup we're talking about here, a competition in which Arsenal regularly play youth players, and City have played the likes of Razak, Scapuzzi, Rekik, Onouha, Bridge and Suarez this season, it's hardly high on anyone's agenda most seasons. It's a "nice to have". It certainly doesn't legitimise Dalglish's tenure, or herald a return to greatness for Liverpool. Lets put it this way, where are last years winners currently?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.