Liverpool Vs City (CC) Post Match Discussion Thread

Merseyside Red said:
the blue panther said:
To win at Liverpool, you've got to be at your best, even when they aren't. No away team has won there this season - I think statto said we haven't won there for 9 years.
You have to overcome them, the atmosphere, and what is usually a 'homer' referree. That's exactly as it was last night. We were poor by our early season high standards, but with that team selection, a victory for us wasn't expected.
It was a bit unfair the way it all happened, but, without Hart's excellence, we would have been well and truly stuffed, so, good luck to them in the final, which I'm sure they will win.
Pity it isn't us. Paid the penalty for selecting a shyte team, and for not winning at home - a 1-1 draw would have been good enough at home, in retrospect.
Wow, someone on here with an unbiased, respective and well written observation on the game. Nice one.
Unbiased as in not mentioning the two shite ref mistakes ??

BlueCityfan said:
Hopefully Mancini pulls the title atleast. if he doesn't....it could well cost his job. Let's be honest...overall our season hasn't been great. Just good, because of the league form.

But going out so early in CL and Fa cup is disappointing. In the coming season he coud be sacked for that even if he wins the league. The board will want to see Mancini peform well in the CL and cups along with the league.

But the league will be enough for this season.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking hell mate. Have a word with yourself, not one part of that doesn't read "i am a cock"

I went to both legs and the reason we lost is because we made far too many mistakes.

They wanted it more.

I think we sometimes forget that for all the hope and potential we have still only won 1 trophy in 35 years, had 1 final in 30 year and this was our 3rd semi final in 30 years. We approached this tie so badly in terms of the selections for both games (ie no hart 1st leg, no auguero, milner, clichy in 2nd) and you got the feeling that it "wasn't the end of the world" to lose - well it fucking was to me.

It was a total gift of a trophy for us, the first potential silverware of the season and only a championship team in final between us and holding both domestic cups.

To say "fuck it" or it wasn't important is total bollocks it was huge. Also as for the cocks who are saying "by complaining you are forgetting where we have come from" they should know better cos when we lost to "York" if you had told them then that we would play half a team against liverpool in a cup semi and not be arsed about losing what would they have thought!!!!

All the pressure is now on the league, and we could have eased it to an extent with this trophy....oh and we all know what happens to City when the pressure is on.....the next few months are going to be heart attack inducing!!!

apologies - we dropped hart for our first match defending the FA cup against our fiercest rivals.

Sorry if arguement is nonsensical - I must have missed all of those semis and finals that we have had over the last 3 decades....

Not posted since the game as wanted to let things settle.

Bottom line is I am dissapointed not to be going back to wembley but am hoping this game will be a distant memory in May.....

Referee had a shocker with 2 huge decisions which went against us but we just weren't good enough last night and lost it at our place.

Week links for me a Kolarov-One good ball all night certainly doesn't justify 16 million.
Dzeko-Yet another poor game in my opinion.Only looked interested when we scored.
Lescott-Looking increasingly unsteady for me and his clearance which led to the Bellamy goal was just fucking amateurish.

Savic-Has played very poorly since coming in.Welcome back VK next week.

Wish we could sign another striker and centre half but just isnt going to happen.Why I will never know!

We move on.

nicko said:
apologies - we dropped hart for our first match defending the FA cup against our fiercest rivals.

Sorry if arguement is nonsensical - I must have missed all of those semis and finals that we have had over the last 3 decades....

I don't want to get into a protracted debate about this, as we'll never agree. However, for what it's worth, the reasons I feel your argument was nonsensical are;
1) The Carling Cup wasn't a priority for us at the start of the season, Savic has played in every round, Hargreaves has played, kids played against Wolves. How can you criticise Mancini of rotating the squad now, when the strategy was successful in the past.
2) we didn't lose last night, it was the home game that killed us.
3) and this is the big thing, did you feel that bad at full time last night? I was disappointed, I'm sure you were, but was it that same heart-wrenching feeling of total desolation that I'm sure we both felt when we went down to Liverpool at home? Or when Pollock scored the own-goal that basically relegated us? Or, well the 100s of other nightmarish moments we've experienced over the years? It's all relative. Surely the ups outweigh the downs these days?

just watched game again

on sky re run

no 2nd showing of dzekos turn and shot near end when agger blocked, i would just have liked to see where it was blocked

and amazed at kolorav being booked for being fouled !!!! not just the pens bad decisions, this one was amazing

dzekos pass to adam johnson was quality and he took the goal very very well, not just a tap in and to be fair when i was there i didnt think he played that well, but credit due to him for his efforts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.