Liverpool Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
just read a Liverpool site say they look more 'cohesive' than us and that should be their winning card. Hope we fucking stuff the twats.

Liverpool away in same category as Rags and Spurs away. Last year we got beat IMO because Bert rested Silva and NDJ. This is a gimme game in terms of points total in terms of same games played compared with last year. Not sure how much the Napoli game will have taken out of the squad but I hope we get something. Settle for a draw, a loss would have the press on our backs (bubbles burst etc etc) any sort of win would be welcome relief and a tonic and pick me up. We should play strongest 11

Hart
Richards and Clichy (neither player midweek so should be fresh)
Kompany and Lescott (they can have a rest Tuesday)
Milner (we need his graft)
Barry and Yaya
Silva (indespensible)
Then any two from Dzeko/Balotelli/Aguero/AJ/Nasri
Prefer Balotelli and Aguero
That leaves Dzeko, AJ, Nasri, to form attacking three for Arsenal away game.

the blue panther said:
Read someone's summary of Liverpool on here earlier, and they referred to Bellamy causing us problems - well, I look forward to him trying with Richards in the form of his life. Bellamy won't know what's hit him.
Looking at the armoury we've got to choose from, Johnson, Skirtle, Agger, Enrique, Adam, and Lucas should be absolutely kacking their kecks, and praying that Reina's on form.
If we do the business, Reina's going to have RSI in his back come 5.55pm on Sunday.
Onwards and upwards brothers!

I won't lie, I'm terrified of Bellamy and Suarez together. Bellamy is one of those players who if he feels like he has a strong enough point to prove, like when we played Chelsea, he can rip you a new one. Suarez is just very good, albeit hugely dislikeable wanker.

Going to be the toughest game of the season for sure.

They're going to come at us from the off and their fans will be baying for blood (cos we upset them spending all that money etc). If we weather the early storm I can see us winning.

They have one very good player, a few others who are quite good and a few weaknesses which we are well equipped to exploit whereas we have several very good players and no passengers and we are at our best when the opposition come at us.

We've been rewriting our history so far this season, let's continue to do so.

JH
MR, VK, JL, GC
JM, YT, GB, DS
SA
MB

3-1 to City

Is John Barnes on crack? They keep wheeling him out on Talkshite to cast his "expert" opinion. The man is off his tits.

Tonight he said when we come from behind to beat a team then he might consider us to be a decent side but at the moment he doesn't as we haven't. He then said he is pleased that Silva is having a decent season as there was animosity when he signed due to him keeping AJ out of the side.

The man is a fucking nutter.

if we lose we are having a "blip" but id rather have a couple losses now then get back to winning ways

but imo i think we will win 2-1

bellamy or that little fucked up ear guy suarez will score

aguero, balo

Is Sunday defining our season

Massive game obviously and how will we react to the defeat in Italy.
For me this will define how far we have come and more importantly where we are?
To win at Anfield the so called past fortress would be critical point and certainly for me make the rest think OK let's play for second.
How times change I remember going to matches against the dippers where if we conceded less than 3 it was a result!!
Liverpool are not in the same league as us skill wise, but by god they are gonna be up for this. Defence needs to stand firm play as we can and come Sunday let's have everybody drooling.
Dippers 1 CITY 3

Re: Is Sunday defining our season

In my opinion, yes. If we win on sunday i believe we'll win the league. To have won at WHL, Old Trafford and hopefully Anfield would be quite an achievement. Win this and the confidence levels will be up on mars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.