Liverpool Vs City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO charity shield formation was experimental for later on in the year. Bert will line up as we did on Sunday except maybe NDJ or Milner in for Aguero. Tevez up top on his own.

They are always a hard nut to crack at Anfield especially against sides that should be able to compete favourably against.

Would love a narrow win but a draw and a repeat of last years result would be ok by me.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Kolorov in for clichy, Milner for silva, de jong for rodwell and Dzeko for aguero.

Same formation as charity shield.

If we are as bad at the back as we were on Sunday we will lose this.
Spot on mate

De Jong must come in for this. That last 10 mins at home to Southampton we were all over the place and I haven't see us play so poorly at the end of a game for a long time.

I'd be happy with a point

------------------Hart-------------------
Zab----Kompany-------Lescott----Clichy
----------------De Jong
-----Milner-------Yaya-------Nasri
-----------Dzeko-------Tevez

Liverpool will rest players at Hearts (Gerrard, Suarez, Skrtel, Johnson) so that game wont be relevant - it might have been had it been later in the season.

Agree with the Liverpool fan that they were very unlucky at WBA. I hope their luck does not turn against us. A pity Aguero is not available as he'd destroy Carragher so I'd target him with Dzeko or Nasri

Marvin said:
De Jong must come in for this. That last 10 mins at home to Southampton we were all over the place and I haven't see us play so poorly at the end of a game for a long time.

I'd be happy with a point

------------------Hart-------------------
Zab----Kompany-------Lescott----Clichy
----------------De Jong
-----Milner-------Yaya-------Nasri
-----------Dzeko-------Tevez

Liverpool will rest players at Hearts (Gerrard, Suarez, Skrtel, Johnson) so that game wont be relevant - it might have been had it been later in the season.

Agree with the Liverpool fan that they were very unlucky at WBA. I hope their luck does not turn against us. A pity Aguero is not available as he'd destroy Carragher so I'd target him with Dzeko or Nasri

I don't think Carragher will start on Sunday Marvin despite losing Agger.

If we can limit the supply to Suarez we will have a decent chance because he can't keep missing them as he did against WBA.

Again its more about what we do with the quality we have.

Its always ifs and buts but we should have been out of sight to the point where the two goals while poor defending in both cases shouldn't have mattered.

Why Toure or Nasri didn't take the penalty on Sunday is beyond me assuming Carlos has agreed he shouldn't take them which I believe he has.

I am hopeful that lack of real match practice and the emotion of the day got to us somewhat because I didn't like a lot of what I saw and better teams will punish us both home and away if we don't keep it tighter like we know we can and did so time and again at home last season ( 10 clean sheets and 7 one goal concessions ).

Rammyblues said:
IMO charity shield formation was experimental for later on in the year. Bert will line up as we did on Sunday except maybe NDJ or Milner in for Aguero. Tevez up top on his own.

I'll heavily drawn towards this emotion but also have it in my noggin that we'll see Mario play a part - either starting as front man with Tevez sat behind him or coming on off the bench to let tevez drop back if we're struggling at all in midfield. I also predict a win but a narrow one because I think Bob will instruct the defence to be less adventurous after the conceded goals shenanigans against saints.

This is the first real test of the season - let's hope we make a better fist of it than we did in our warm up last Sunday because the dippers can be a force if they're allowed to get their tails up.

Dzeko has to start for me. He came on Sunday and did good I think. His touch was better, he put himself about in the air when the crosses came in and he got his goal. When Dzeko gets a goal, his confidence goes from 0 to sky high. Play him whilst he has some and we might just see him return to his early season form of last year.

Stick with 4-4-2:

----------------Hart------------------
Zaba--Vinnie K---Lescott----Clichy
---------NDJ--------Yaya----------
Silva---------Tevez----------Nasri
---------------Dzeko----------------

Maybe put Milner in for Silva depending on whether Silva starts to get a bit of sharpness back.

2-1 City

Blue Elmo said:
Dzeko has to start for me. He came on Sunday and did good I think. His touch was better, he put himself about in the air when the crosses came in and he got his goal. When Dzeko gets a goal, his confidence goes from 0 to sky high. Play him whilst he has some and we might just see him return to his early season form of last year.

Stick with 4-4-2:

----------------Hart------------------
Zaba--Vinnie K---Lescott----Clichy
---------NDJ--------Yaya----------
Silva---------Tevez----------Nasri
---------------Dzeko----------------

Maybe put Milner in for Silva depending on whether Silva starts to get a bit of sharpness back.

2-1 City

This except I'd put Milner instead of Silva and Kolarov instead of Clichy. Bring on Silva at 60' and Mario at 70' if we're behind.

Anyone know when Barry returns?

I'd definitely be starting with two, either Tevez and Dzeko, or Tevez and Mario. I think the defence they have is really weak without Agger and our lads could have a field day against Charrager. Hit them hard and fast, don't give them any time to settle, the crowd will be on there backs if they concede early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.