Liverpool Vs City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
gonna be interesting for Liverpool if they close sahin deal as apparently he would definitely start if its closed before the weekend would love to see how he does against us

They are resting most of their better players tonight. They wont be tired againt us.
We rarely get a good result at Anfield in the league.

Last year it was a 1-1 draw with a stupid fluke goal by Lescott and a great performance by Hart we could cocede more without him.

2002/2003 when we last won at Anfield or some time around then? Their hideous display against West Brom will be irrelevant, they will raise their game as they always do at Anfield against us, United, and other rival clubs. They tend to dominate us a lot there even when they have less talented players so wouldn't be over surprised if Mancini used the 3-5-2 with a focus on countering. With Liverpool still trying to adjust to Rodgers' brand of football, this could be our best chance to get 3pts from there for a long time even if they raise their game.

this match is calling out for a 3-5-2 i reckon;

--------------------Hart--------------------
-----Zabaleta------Kompany------Lescott------
-Milner-------------------------------Kolarov-
------------------De Jong--------------------
------------Nasri---------Yaya---------------
-------------------Tevez---------------------
------------------Balotelli--------------------

Same team we played vs Chelsea with Balo in for Kun...3-2 to us, because, well, it always is lately.

For the first time in years, im really not worried about this game, and think we will win.

Liverpool are under pressure, the new manager is under pressure to achieve things QUICKLY.

They are trying to implement a new style of play, that will suit us - whereas in the past its been a quick agressive style of football, which gets the dipper fans up for it

If we get an early goal, i can see us winning by 2 or 3

They should have used last nights game as a confidence builder, rather than scraping though with an own goal

Agger missing will also be a big disruption for them

Am actually very confident going into this game, Not usually confident when we go to Anfield, But I reckon there here for the taken, Liverpool will take time to adapt under Rodgers new tactics so I guess were getting them at a good time early in the season.

Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, De Jong, Toure Yaya, Nasri, Silva, Tevez, Balotelli.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.