Liverpool vs. City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess all the lean years has made me an eternal pessimist but anyone expecting an easy win today will probably be wrong. Shiny gob Rodgers is trying to lull us into thinking it will be a doddle,because poor old Liverpool will turn up in their Wee Willy Winkie hats having had no sleep for 2 days. Pellegrini has bought into this too judging by his press conference.

They know we can be slow starters and i am expecting them to come out of the blocks flying and be hoping to get two goals ahead and then hold the lead and hit us on the break as we have to take risks. Our dreadful record at Anfield and Clattenburg as the ref makes me fear the worst. Get ready for lots of booing, diving and screaming for every decision and a possible red card for one of our lot early doors,probably a diving in Zabba or Vinny.

I told you i can't shake that pessimism off! I hope i am on the post match thread later marvelling at a City super show having cut the Chavs lead to two points and gone a few goals ahead in the goal difference, please God, it is time we put that Anfield hoodo to bed and shut the Mickey's up once and for all!

We always get a hard game from the old guard, the traditional(sky clubs)clubs with an overblown sense of entitlement. Liverpool, Everton, and Arenal away are always tough. Probably because they still can't accept our place in the new order.
The rags are an exception, but they are still shell-shocked from the 1-6 and the Agueroooooooo moment.

I hope last years poor showing in the first half is front and centre in the players minds, and the 4-4-2 run around we got from Barca is in Pellegrini's, don't give Liverpool the chance to dominate midfield, Yaya, Silva, Nasri, Fernandinho, Milner/Navas, across the Middle, Yaya, Silva, Nasri, Milner, are all very capable of scoring and making Liverpool chase shadows, saying that, Pellergrini might look at our 2nd half performance, and Dzêko's new dynamism ( read: threat of place in striker pecking order) as a reason for going 4-4-2!
Our away performances have been a lot more consistent than our home, there's no reason we can't handle the Anfield crowd, the recent 2-0 win in Rome, the 4-1 at Stoke, and dominant showing at Chelsea, all demonstrate that the players aren't fazed by it, and with Aguero hitting peak form again, and a team rediscovering the knack of scoring, I'm mildly confident of good performance, but it all depends on which Clattenburg turns up, the preening peacock, or the competent, not seeking the limelight version we sometimes get........

paulchapo said:
I guess all the lean years has made me an eternal pessimist but anyone expecting an easy win today will probably be wrong. Shiny gob Rodgers is trying to lull us into thinking it will be a doddle,because poor old Liverpool will turn up in their Wee Willy Winkie hats having had no sleep for 2 days. Pellegrini has bought into this too judging by his press conference.

They know we can be slow starters and i am expecting them to come out of the blocks flying and be hoping to get two goals ahead and then hold the lead and hit us on the break as we have to take risks. Our dreadful record at Anfield and Clattenburg as the ref makes me fear the worst. Get ready for lots of booing, diving and screaming for every decision and a possible red card for one of our lot early doors,probably a diving in Zabba or Vinny.

I told you i can't shake that pessimism off! I hope i am on the post match thread later marvelling at a City super show having cut the Chavs lead to two points and gone a few goals ahead in the goal difference, please God, it is time we put that Anfield hoodo to bed and shut the Mickey's up once and for all!
Although I agree with most of your comments I am optimistic about the result. Just hope that I don't have to eat humble pie (I prefer apple pie) tomorrow.

Very tough game. Too many past disappointments over many seasons, and quite a few shite, half-arsed lethargic performances this season mean I'm not confident of getting any points here.

Hopefully these fears are unfounded and we go at Liverpool right from the first whistle.

No Fernando and no pissing about with a slow tempo waiting til we're losing before showing any urgency please. Fucking up and at 'em, close them down.

And get the ball forward quickly! I'd like to see Bony given a start here with Sergio.

paulchapo said:

Unfortunately there is some truth in this. Rodgers is trying to sneak up on us, implying that they are all bleary eyed, turn up in their pyjamas, and won't be able to see straight. I am not sure what you are referring to in the presser of Pellers that has led you to believe that he has been sucked into this rubbish?

The reality is you can bet your last quid that they are going to try to come out of the blocks at a thousand miles an hour. I will be very disappointed if our boys aren't wise to this and fully prepared to deal with it. That's where Pellers is going to earn his money. We need to be up for this as much as them from the kick off.

If I am truthful I am also concerned about the show pony Clattenberg. He ref'd ok our last game with him. I hope it isn't too much to ask for two in a row.

Bewar3them00n said:
I hope last years poor showing in the first half is front and centre in the players minds, and the 4-4-2 run around we got from Barca is in Pellegrini's, don't give Liverpool the chance to dominate midfield, Yaya, Silva, Nasri, Fernandinho, Milner/Navas, across the Middle, Yaya, Silva, Nasri, Milner, are all very capable of scoring and making Liverpool chase shadows, saying that, Pellergrini might look at our 2nd half performance, and Dzêko's new dynamism ( read: threat of place in striker pecking order) as a reason for going 4-4-2!
Our away performances have been a lot more consistent than our home, there's no reason we can't handle the Anfield crowd, the recent 2-0 win in Rome, the 4-1 at Stoke, and dominant showing at Chelsea, all demonstrate that the players aren't fazed by it, and with Aguero hitting peak form again, and a team rediscovering the knack of scoring, I'm mildly confident of good performance, but it all depends on which Clattenburg turns up, the preening peacock, or the competent, not seeking the limelight version we sometimes get........

Depends which City turns up for me. The high pressing hard working city or the slow out of the blocks, error strewn city.

If it's the latter we will get a draw at best. The former and we will win.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Bewar3them00n said:

Depends which City turns up for me. The high pressing hard working city or the slow out of the blocks, error strewn city.

If it's the latter we will get a draw at best. The former and we will win.

hopefully the City that has stormed to 2 out of the 3 last PL titles despite the ongoing pessimism of a lot of its forum fans

When we have the ball with Yaya in our side he dictates the speed of play we play and it's a controlled patient play, so I don't expect us to start quickly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.