Liverpool vs. City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coutinho and Henderson did not travel, they will likely play a much weaker side tomorrow with very few of the players who'll start on Sunday.

Big, big game.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Manchester_lalala said:
There's no chance of us going 451. We will go all out for these, rightly so because they're shit.

Is the correct answer. Play anywhere near our best and we'll take these fuckers apart :)

What a pair of complacent fans you are. To right Liverpool off as being shit is churlish and if you cannot see that, more fools you. Villa, Leicester etc I could accept to a degree.

Hopefully beat the anfield hoodoo like we did with Sunderland & Stoke 4-1 would be nice haha

Hart

Zaba Kompany Mangala Clichy

Silva Fernandinho Yaya Nasri

Bony Aguero

So hard to pick a team with a fully fit squad but I'd go 4-4-2 and attack that shit Liverpool defence.

Come on City 2-1 winners Bony & Aguero.

they are undoubtedly going to press us high as per barca, can we cope with it?

it has been one of our failings coping with a high press, so going on the front foot straight away would help

a perennial tough ground/game, time to break another hoodoo

york away to this! said:
MP needs to do his half time team talk before the match...

Haha that's true. I don't know what he puts in the water bottles at half time, but I would much prefer it if he put the magic pills in the bottles before the game, rather than half time!

It's going to be nice to see Yaya back out on the pitch, hopefully with Fernandinho and not Nando. We always play well when Yaya and Dinho start together.

I wouldn't start with Bony. He still looks a little starry eyed at the fact that he has joined a big club. It will be intriguing to see if Pellers starts with Ed and Kun in the 442 again. I rather hope not, but it may be a forlorn hope.

jollylescott said:
york away to this! said:

Haha that's true. I don't know what he puts in the water bottles at half time, but I would much prefer it if he put the magic pills in the bottles before the game, rather than half time!

It's going to be nice to see Yaya back out on the pitch, hopefully with Fernandinho and not Nando. We always play well when Yaya and Dinho start together.

I wouldn't start with Bony. He still looks a little starry eyed at the fact that he has joined a big club. It will be intriguing to see if Pellers starts with Ed and Kun in the 442 again. I rather hope not, but it may be a forlorn hope.

The problem isnt so much his team talk, more that the players dont seem able to play the way he wants against fresh opponents. We need them to tire before we become effective. Its always been the case that Yaya is a second half player. He gets better the longer the game goes on and opens up. But now it seems that the team as a whole plays that way. Knock the ball around at a slow tempo during the first half, step up the pace in the second.

The Newcastle game where we went at them from the first minute was very much an exception. Liverpool are a real danger to us because they usually start a game so much better.

cibaman said:
jollylescott said:
york away to this! said:

The problem isnt so much his team talk, more that the players dont seem able to play the way he wants against fresh opponents. We need them to tire before we become effective. Its always been the case that Yaya is a second half player. He gets better the longer the game goes on and opens up. But now it seems that the team as a whole plays that way. Knock the ball around at a slow tempo during the first half, step up the pace in the second. Quote.

The Newcastle game where we went at them from the first minute was very much an exception. Liverpool are a real danger to us because they usually start a game so much better.

Actually, one of our best games recently was at Stamford Bridge, precisely because we went at their throats right from the whistle. If we can do it there, we can do it every game. Unlike last season, we're now getting longish breaks between matches, often full weeks. I think we'll know within the first five minutes at Anfield whether we're going to play it that way. And if we do, we should win it. If we play the slow, ambling, I've got all the time in the world don't you know game, they'll probably win.

the big premiership games really arent a concern , we have slipped up against the likes of west ham , stoke , hull etc ., we seem to raise our game for the better quality teams . Our away record is the best in the league , and we have laid a few bogey grounds to rest this season , stoke , sunderland etc , . If we start at a high tempo , and MP plays 4-5-1 , to get a foothold in the game , we can revert to 4-4-2 later in the game if required. A draw would not be the end of the world , with the chavs having to go to west ham in their next fixture , without Matic.

mosssideblue said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Manchester_lalala said:
There's no chance of us going 451. We will go all out for these, rightly so because they're shit.

Is the correct answer. Play anywhere near our best and we'll take these fuckers apart :)

What a pair of complacent fans you are. To right Liverpool off as being shit is churlish and if you cannot see that, more fools you. Villa, Leicester etc I could accept to a degree.
they are shit,have been all season,fuckin awful at times,not 1 of their players would get near our squad,should be crushing wank like this instead of worrying about all that 'voodoo team' shite

---------------------------Hart

Zabaleta---Kompany----Mangala-----Clichy

----------------Dinho---Yaya---Fernando

---------Silva-----------Aguero-----------Jovetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.