LOL Qatar

Both decisions have shown how corrupt FIFA is. Nobody ever seems to mention that Blatter has been Chairman of the organisation since 1992 and before he came in each chairman was only allowed to be in power for i think two terms. This man changed this and he uses Football to make him richer and more powerful... He is the most corrupt out of all of them!!!! A fukin joke and im glad I have City because i am sick of international Football!!!!

Ps why do we need to have breakfast with deli-gets and try and persuade them? if FIFA are not corrupt then it should take an inspection visit and a presentation.... That is it!!!!!!

inbetween said:
mcmanus said:
Would rather fly the extras few hours were I can walk the streets, have a GOOD drink and not be under Sharia style law.

So of the options Australia is pretty much the only option then, that is a World Cup i know i can't afford to even get to anyway. Sharia Law is not imposed on tourists, crime is basically non-existant. The only thing to be bothered about in Qatar is it is a Muslim state which means 'things' will be frowned upon, IE: Take drugs and get caught and you'll probably never see home again. Having been their before and to the UAE you won't even notice your in that kind of country.

-- Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:54 pm --

Alcohol is also allowed providing the venue has a license or if its a hotel so basically unless you want to walk the streets pissed out your skull, there is nothing to worry about.

Only the English fans would have to worry about that. ;)

If it went to USA, Japan or Korea, it would have been a joke considering how recently those countries hosted the WC. Qatar and Australia were the only 2 good options. I've been impressed by how Qatar have presented their bid, and some of the blueprints of the stadiums look stunning. I agree with everything inbetween says. Some people are just coming across as sore losers, like baconface at the receiving end of a defeat. Yes, FIFA are bent, but if England got 2018, I doubt this thread would have been made.

Blatter will sell the rights to the biggest Transnational s going an advert around every corner Russia gets new stadiums and a lot of wealthy building firm owners can get huge contracts cause Russia conviently needs new grounds and Blatter and co get a shit load of money as a thank you.

Unknown_Genius said:
inbetween said:
So of the options Australia is pretty much the only option then, that is a World Cup i know i can't afford to even get to anyway. Sharia Law is not imposed on tourists, crime is basically non-existant. The only thing to be bothered about in Qatar is it is a Muslim state which means 'things' will be frowned upon, IE: Take drugs and get caught and you'll probably never see home again. Having been their before and to the UAE you won't even notice your in that kind of country.

-- Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:54 pm --

Alcohol is also allowed providing the venue has a license or if its a hotel so basically unless you want to walk the streets pissed out your skull, there is nothing to worry about.

If it went to USA, Japan or Korea, it would have been a joke considering how recently those countries hosted the WC. Qatar and Australia were the only 2 good options. I've been impressed by how Qatar have presented their bid, and some of the blueprints of the stadiums look stunning. I agree with everything inbetween says. Some people are just coming across as sore losers, like baconface at the receiving end of a defeat. Yes, FIFA are bent, but if England got 2018, I doubt this thread would have been made.
Tell me, are the stadia indoors and climate controlled?? Whats is about 45 C?? That should be interesting.....

I don't see what the problem is, terrorist capital of the world??? Well the uae and its ruling family and pretty much everyone in the region is proud of what qatar has achieved. I'm sorry england lost but qatar ran for 2022 while the usa had the 94 wc and oz had 2000 olympics the middle east has never hosted a major sports event, qatar was doubted by everyone from the start surely by being blues fans we could rejoice for the underdog???

Frank the Yank said:
Unknown_Genius said:

Tell me, are the stadia indoors and climate controlled?? Whats is about 45 C?? That should be interesting.....

It got pretty damn hot at USA 94. The stadiums will be air conditioned, the technology is feasible.

adammck said:
I feel sick, and bitter.

I could have handled defeat at the hands of the USA, but to Qatar...

I've lost a lot of faith in FIFA and football in general today. I'm trying to take the emotion out of it however i can't help feeling hard done by.

Thank you City, at least your still here.

Take a bow Adam, you must be the last grass roots footy fan who had any faith in FIFA.

I was just watching Sepp Blatter opening the envelopes and revealing the
host countries of the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.
I bet they won't be the last envelopes the corrupt little **** will be
opening today

baylorblue said:
Obviously as an American I'm quite upset right now but I can see this World Cup in 2022 being a bit rough. Americans buy the most tickets recently and I just can't see Americans flooding into Qatar. Hope that others will still buy those tickets because obviously I want to see it be successful but I think they've cut off their noses to spite their face here. China has to be well pissed as well.

Can't many Americans wanting to go to russia either<br /><br />-- Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:29 pm --<br /><br />
madblue said:
I was just watching Sepp Blatter opening the envelopes and revealing the
host countries of the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.
I bet they won't be the last envelopes the corrupt little **** will be
opening today

them envelopes were opened last night

Q8-Blue said:
I don't see what the problem is, terrorist capital of the world??? Well the uae and its ruling family and pretty much everyone in the region is proud of what qatar has achieved. I'm sorry england lost but qatar ran for 2022 while the usa had the 94 wc and oz had 2000 olympics the middle east has never hosted a major sports event, qatar was doubted by everyone from the start surely by being blues fans we could rejoice for the underdog???

I'm sure you are pleased but it's a bit of a farce. The country would appear to be far too small to entertain an event of this magnitude. I'm also very concerned about your ability to provide security to foreign fans, especially those from countries like the US and England who have had military presences in the Middle East in recent times. You have a lot to prove to ensure that this event can be even a moderate success.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.